Earlier today, famed fashion designer Kate Spade was found dead in her New York apartment from apparent suicide. Spade was only 55 years old, but she’d already made quite a name for herself in the fashion world, building an empire out of a handbag company she founded in 1993. The news of her suicide hit many hard, including celebrities who had worn and appreciated her work.
Here’s how 12 actors, musicians, and figureheads mourned Spade’s passing and celebrated her life:
1. Mindy Kaling tweeted this heartfelt message about Kate Spade’s passing
2. Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton reminisced about her first Kate Spade bag she ever received
3. As did another former first daughter, Jenna Bush Hager
4. Our current first daughter, Ivanka Trump, also spoke out about Spade’s death
5. Lil Yachty gave her a shoutout as well
6. As did singer Josh Groban, who also left a reminder for those struggling with depression
7. Lucy Hale also used Spade’s passing to bring awareness to mental illness
8. Roxane Gay’s message was short and sweet
9. Reese Witherspoon
10. Shameless star Emma Kenney fondly reminisced about her many years of rocking Spade’s designs on the red carpet
11. The Good Place star Jameela Jamil spoke out about Spade’s iconic status as a fashion designer
12. And while comedian Zach Braff may not have mentioned Spade in his tweet, he made one thing is clear: no one should have to struggle alone
If you or someone you know is struggling with depression or suicidal thoughts, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.