1. She got her start on musical.ly, an video app for lip syncing
She was just 15 when this video began her rise to Internet fame. Now she has over 24 million followers on the app, which is more than any other individual user.
2. She was named one of Time’s 25 most influential people on the Internet in 2017.
She was right up there with Chrissy Teigen, Chance the Rapper, and Rihanna. I’d say that’s a pretty big honor.
3. She has her own emoji line called Arielmojis
Now you can have a Baby Ariel for every occasion.
4. She won a Teen Choice Award for “Choice Muser” two years in a row
The award is basically a “fan favorite” for Musical.ly stars, which is a pretty big honor if you ask me.
5. She launched an anti-bullying movement called #ArielMovement
Talk about using your fame for good.
6. She’s basically besties with Jacob Sartorius
If you’re wondering why that name sounds familiar, he’s been making a ton of headlines ever since he and Millie Bobbie Brown (aka Eleven on Stranger Things) publicly announced they were dating. It turns out that he’s a Musical.ly star as well, and he collaborates with Baby Ariel for both videos and concerts.
7. She even appeared on the cover of Billboard magazine with him and a few other Musical.ly stars
8. She’s already released two original songs.
She released “Aww” on December 1, 2017 and “Perf” on January 17, 2018.
9. She uses social media to support good causes and raise awareness about different issues.
This one really shouldn’t come as a surprise. Baby Ariel comes from a generation that knows how to turn tweets into a movement.
10. Her idols are Nicki Minaj, Kylie Jenner and Marilyn Monroe
Of course a strong woman would look up to other strong women — that’s just a given.