Emojis are like a language of their own — honestly, who needs to say anything at all when a tiny little icon speaks a thousand words? And now that Apple has unveiled a whole new slew of emojis they plan to release soon, there’s going to be a lot more where that came from.
Here are all the great ways you can use the new emojis so you don’t have to use up your energy typing out unnecessary paragraphs about your ~feelings~
1. When you’re watching The Bachelorette and it ends on a cliffhanger.
OK, let’s be serious: who doesn’t need to mind-blown emoji? It’s perfect for anything — when you get high and binge Cosmos on Netflix, when you realize two of your friends have been secretly hooking up, when you find out your sibling is actually the favorite child. You’re going to constantly be texting it to everyone in your phone by the end of 2017.
2. When he won’t text you back, but you’re chill, you swear.
Already my new favorite emoji. pic.twitter.com/ePDzyLx6Ez
— Bobby (@BobbysByline) July 17, 2017
It’s been an hour since you messaged your new boy and he still hasn’t replied. What do you do? Nothing, because you’re zen, you swear. You keep bringing it up to your friend, but that’s totally because you don’t care. He can do whatever he wants. You are chill.
3. When your friend hooks up with that terrible dude from your math class.
Come on, Rachel, you can do so much better than him. Like, I want to be supportive, but let’s be serious, he’s so gross.
4. When your friend wants to dish the drama but you’ve already known about it for weeks.
— dylan (@dylntodd) July 17, 2017
I’m sorry, but what rock have you been hiding under? That news is old.
5. When you partied till 4 a.m. and had to wake up at 6 for work.
— The Walking Dead (@TheWalkingDead) July 17, 2017
This is the true meaning of “the walking dead”.
6. When you’re the DD.
— CNET (@CNET) July 18, 2017
You’ve never understood maternal instincts like this before. You are like Beyoncé — matriarchal, wise. You must protect your drunken little babies before they make all the terrible decisions.
7. When you finally have an emoji that represents you, so you just use it all the time.
— Al Jazeera English (@AJEnglish) July 18, 2017