Hazing horror stories aren’t uncommon, especially when it comes to college fraternities. Most people have heard one or two that involve excessive drinking, physical labor or deliberate embarrassment. They’re not nearly as bad as what this student faced when he rushed at his university — near death.
Andrew Seeley, a 19-year-old from Central Michigan University with a deadly nut allergy, passed out after frat boys rubbed peanut butter all over his face. The allergic reaction left Andrew unrecognizable.
A professor later sent Andrew to the campus health clinic to be treated.
The incident occurred in October, though Andrew only recently exposed what happened that night. His family was understandably pissed when they found out, and his mom took to Facebook to spread the word.
As Teresa Seeley mentioned in her post, Andrew did have an EpiPen and allergy tablets in his wallet at all times, he was unable to reach them as he passed out.
The incident happened at the Alpha Chi Rho fraternity which, according to university spokeswoman Heather Smith, is not a school sanctioned organization. The frat lost it’s status in 2011 due to hazing and has not regained it since.
It is not known if the Alpha Chi Rho fraternity members knew about Andrew’s allergy.
Though Andrew has since transferred from the university due to the incident, school officials and authorities are still investigating the case.