1. Go sit on a train, a bus, in a park or somewhere like that for an hour or two. I promise that you will see at least one thing that makes you see the good in the world and in people again.
2. It’s always better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn’t smile back.
3. At the end of the day, your mom will always be the only person you can really depend on.
4. It’s okay to fight for someone, but it’s not okay to compete for them. Understand that, and you’ll be saved a lot of unnecessary time.
5. Timing really can be everything.
6. Good things do happen when you least expect it.
7. When someone leaves your life, I promise, most of the time it’s the universe doing you a favor. If they’re supposed to be in your life they will drift back, no matter the distance.
8. The first person you think to tell about something good or bad is the person you should be with. Remember that.
9. You’re gonna feel like your world is ending quite a few times. It won’t.
10. A grade is just a grade — never confuse intelligence with education.
11. They’re gonna break your heart, and you’re gonna let them. It will be the hardest lesson you ever have to learn, but you will be okay.
12. No one is more critical of you than yourself. So stop.
13. You are who you hang out with — chose your friends wisely.
14. Give the nice guy a chance for once; you won’t regret it.
15. People are just people, they shouldn’t make you nervous. Allow that to resonate in your mind.
16. Fate works in funny ways. Believe in it.
17. If you love them, tell them. Forget about the fear that it will ruin your friendship, or that you’ll get hurt. If those feelings mean something, address them. Or you might lose them forever.
18. Pick a job that you will enjoy doing. It doesn’t have to be one that will make you millions. Waking up happy and eager every morning is priceless.
19. Always help someone. You might be the only one who does.
20. Tequila and good decisions just don’t mix. Ever.
21. You can’t drink your problems away. Im really sorry about that.
22. Try to be the type of person that you needed when you were younger.
23. Never go to sleep mad at someone. I know this might sound cheesy, but it’s important.
24. Is whatever you’re upset about right now going to matter 5 or 6 years from now? Ask yourself that.
25. Hate to break it to you, but not everybody is going to like you. And yes — that sucks for them.
26. Much like yourself, your friends will change. Some friendships will end because of that. That is okay.
27. The way to get over someone is not by kissing strangers and pretending it’s the person you’re trying to get over.
28. It pays off to be a good girl/guy, promise. Try it and see.
29. You should not, and will not, be their “sometimes.”
30. People will surprise you in life. Unfortunately, more often than not, it won’t be with a party or a big romantic gesture. It will usually be with disappointment.
31. Sometimes the false image you create in your head of someone is better than the real person.
32. The “cool” kids in school will be irrelevant to your adult life.
33. Spend time with your family. A lot of people will leave your life, but family is forever.
34. Do things that you’ll thank yourself for in the future. Don’t do thing that will cause you to feel regret.
35. They can desire you all they want. But don’t even think about it until they value you.
36. Distractions are temporary fixes. Face whatever it is head-on. Do what you need to do to get through it.
37. Dance parties can fix almost anything.
38. So can pizza.
39. Surround yourself with people who appreciate your time. We only have so much of it, and it’s the biggest gift you can give to someone.
40. Your past does NOT define you. Everyone changes. Everyone forgets things.
41. If you don’t love yourself, chances are, you will surround yourself with people who don’t love you either.
42. Always handle yourself with both kindness and grace.
43. Let it go.
44. Cry as many times as it takes for you to get to the point where you literally cannot cry over it anymore.
45. You have so much to be happy about.
46. Think about the things you complain about. Now think about how many people would wish to be able to complain about those things. It could always be worse. Appreciate what you have, while you have it. And don’t let little things bring you down.
47. You look prettier when you smile.
48. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all. What you say about others says more about you than them.
49. Nothing worth having comes easy — whether it be a career or a person.
50. You can be happy or you can be sad. You can go after what you want or you can be scared. You can make this a great year or a horrible one. You decide.