1. Accept them for who they are right now.
2. Be nonjudgmental.
3. Do something to help them see their own potential.
4. Be selfless.
5. Make their happiness your own.
6. Write them a letter and tell them how much you care.
7. Be where they go to when their soul needs soothing.
8. Cook them a meal.
9. Show any little act of kindness, really.
10. Listen to them.
11. Forgive them.
12. Cry with them.
13. Visit their family.
14. Go for a long car ride and get to the point where you don’t have to fill up every second with conversation.
15. Never stop reminding them how you feel.
16. Believe in them.
17. Make their dreams your own.
18. Always be honest about how you’re feeling.
19. Be loyal to them.
20. If ever you’re not able to do that, be honest about it.
21. Surprise them with something they love.
22. Be willing to compromise.
23. Keep an open heart, mind and ear.
24. Do what they love with them.
25. Have unfailing faith in your partnership.
26. Defend them.
27. To the extent that you’re both comfortable, physically show them that you love them, as much as possible.
28. Ask how their day went. Everyday.
29. Actually, never stop asking questions. They should be a fascinating entity that you’re always getting to know at an even deeper level.
30. Tell them why you love them.
31. Go for walks together as much as you’re able.
32. Talk about anything and everything. Especially what you are afraid to talk about.
33. Let that person know that they can ask you anything at any time.
34. Let them know that even if, one day, your relationship does end, you are grateful for the time you spent together, and that they will always be a part of your story and your heart.
35. Try to deal with things from the perspective of your best self.
36. Admit when you’re wrong.
38. Never forget that life is temporary. It will make you appreciate everyday with that person.
39. Love their body just as it is.
40. Read together.
41. Learn together.
42. Be there to hold their hand when they’re scared.
43. Take care of them when they’re sick.
44. Love them even if they’re temporarily unable to give you love in return.
45. Make sure they know that you are always there.
46. Take them out, for no other reason than just for the fact that they deserve it.
47. Make time for romance.
48. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever give up, no matter how much giving up would seem like the easier thing to do.
49. Love unconditionally.
50. Love yourself.