Every friend group has one — the “mature, responsible adult” that can be counted on to keep everyone alive against all odds when happy hour turns into an all-night sh*t show. Of course, she’s traded in some of her wild side in favor of becoming the caretaker of her group, but that just adds to her sweet charm.
She might seem slightly lame at first, since she’s always the first in bed and the last to party. But when she’s slapping the phone out of your hand to stop you from drunk texting your ex, you’ll realize it comes from a place of love.
That’s mostly because she’s the only one sober enough to realize how much help you all need. And some people are just natural caretakers, and are a little tamer at heart.
Basically, just picture Liz Lemon. Do you find yourself agreeing with her constantly when watching 30 Rock? Then you might be the grandma of your friend group. Here are 10 more signs:
- You magically, somehow, always have snacks.
- You manage all your drunk friends during a night out (painkillers, water, helping them puke).
- But that night out better end by 9 PM.
- You remember everyone’s birthday without the help of Facebook.
- You listen to NPR instead of music on the way to work.
- You’d rather talk to the cats than the guys at a party.
- You call everyone by pet names like “sweetheart” or “sunshine.”
- You buy people thoughtful gifts for no reason whatsoever.
- You always opt for comfortable shoes over fashionable ones.
- And you don’t give a f*ck what anyone thinks about you.