1. You surround yourself with people who want the best for you. You started to weed the negative and toxic people out of your life leaving you surrounded by people who build you up. You know you have a few people to rely on and call when you’re going through a low point. They’re there for every part of your day, not just the good times. They’re the kind of people who make you feel loved and boost you up.
2. You have a job. It might not be the job of your dreams or even a job you like but you’re doing it. You have enough money to pay the bills and keep some food in your belly. Sometimes that’s enough.
3. You have goals. You know what you want out of life and you’re constantly working on getting there. It’s important to have something to work towards and care about.
4. You have a hobby. You have something you care about on the side, whether it’s making you money or not, it brings you happiness and that’s enough.
5. You actively try to challenge yourself. This is hard but you try to avoid getting too comfortable. You constantly push yourself to better yourself and improve. You don’t want to be stagnant because Luke warm is no good.
6. You WANT to keep learning. You might be trying to learn a new language, take swim lessons, try out comedy but you’re actively trying to expand your knowledge and better yourself. You might be done with school but you’re always trying to find new ways to further your education in life.
7. You are still going despite the shit life has thrown your way. All those times you thought you should just give up because it would be easier? Well, you didn’t. You’re still here and you’re kicking ass.
8. You don’t let other people’s opinions bother you anymore. You don’t care what other people are saying or thinking about you because you’ve come to terms with the fact that you’d rather live a life that feels good instead of living a life that looks good.
9. You can make your own decision, even if it’s not something your parents want. Your parents aren’t going to agree with all of your choices or decisions but you feel confident enough to make up your own mind even without their support. They got to live and make their mistakes and you’re here to make your share of mistakes. That’s important. And it’s important to know that if you fail you have to learn from it.
10. You aren’t afraid to fail. You aren’t afraid to take risks because rejection doesn’t scare you. You’d rather try and fail than never try at all because at least when you fail you tried to go after what you want. And you can take that failure and improve on it for next time.
11. You have your own beliefs and morals. You know what you believe in and what you don’t and you don’t allow other people to make you feel guilty for it. You stand up for what you believe in.
12. You know the importance of eating healthy and you do it. You know that you can’t live off of mac and cheese and chocolate, even if you wish you could. You know the importance of fueling your body with veggies and you do it, even if you’re not thrilled about eating a salad.
13. You take care of your mind. You know the importance of self-care and you do it. You take time to yourself, to read, to write, to create, to just be and it’s essential to your well-being.
14. You also take care of your body. You know the importance of moving your body. You aim to workout 4-5 times a week and you appreciate the benefits of hard work.
15. You are open to learning from your mistakes. You don’t have the answer to everything, no one does and no one ever will but you’re open to learning from your mistakes instead of blaming others. You own up and you improve, you don’t look for an out.
16. You have a savings account and you actually save money. You understand the importance of having an “oh shit” fund for when things go wrong because things will go wrong and you have to be prepared.
17. You stopped comparing yourself to others. You started to realize and accept that you will never be Sarah and at some point you realize that’s okay because you don’t want Sarah’s life, you’re happy with your own life. You realize no one is the same and that’s awesome. You have your own uniqueness to bring to the table and that’s why people love you.
18. You stopped feeling a need to criticize and judge other people for their choices. You stopped projecting your fears and insecurities onto others and it’s ultimately got you a lot further in life. You also realize that everyone is insecure and fearful of something.
19. You give back. You realize the world doesn’t revolve around you and that’s allowed you to give back and help others in need. You realized that you aren’t the only one with problems and that’s allowed you to become empathic and inspired you to help.
20. You are excited about what’s still to come. You know that your best days aren’t behind you and there’s so much still to look forward to ahead in life. It’s a cool feeling and it makes you excited about life.