1. It’s okay if you don’t land your dream job right away.
2. It’s normal to feel everything between ‘get me the fuck out of here’ to ‘you’re going to have to drag me away from this place’.
3. You will be equally lost and scared but you will be okay.
4. No one knows what they’re doing after college.
5. Moving back into your parent’s house might be the smartest thing you can financially do for yourself at this point.
6. Don’t worry about doing things the way they’re “supposed to be” done and worry about doing the things that make you feel happy and fulfilled.
7. Don’t let anyone make you think you’re incapable just because you’re young.
8. Contrary to popular belief you don’t always need suffer first in order to find success.
9. If anyone tells you “you’re lucky” for landing a bomb ass job tell them to fuck off because you’ve been working hard your whole life for this.
10. If you don’t land a bomb ass job right away that’s also fine, the job hunt is HARD.
11. The transition out of college into the ‘real world’ is hard but you’re not the only one struggling with it.
12. Even if it feels like it college won’t be the highlight of your life – there will be better things ahead.
13. Feeling empty upon graduation is normal but you won’t feel that way forever.
14. Don’t skip over applying for jobs because you think you’re unqualified, you never know what might make you stand out.
15. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of paths you can take so don’t let anyone make you feel like you’re living ‘wrong’ for doing things how you want.
16. Sometimes any job is a good job as long as it pays the bills.
17. The career choices and failures you experience right out of college aren’t going to be permanent.
18. Life is your greatest teacher so don’t be afraid to try again.
19. It’s never too late to change your career path.
20. If someone is generous to give you constructive criticism thank them because most people don’t care enough about you to take the time to help you.
21. There is no wrong way to live.
22. Don’t lock yourself into a position or lifestyle that limits your growth.
23. If you want something you have to ask for it, no one is just going to give it to you.
24. Things will always work out for you somehow.
25. Almost everyone lives their life faking it until the make it, there’s no shame in that.
26. Travel while you’re young and able, you have your whole life to work.
27. Don’t get so caught up in making a living that you forget to also make a life.
28. Work can only give you so much pleasure.
29. Just because you’re graduated doesn’t mean that you stop learning.
30. There’s only so much success you can achieve in college, your greatest victories are still to come.
31. The friends you made in college will be the friends you have forever.
32. It will get better, no matter how hard and how emotional it is right now, things will get better.