1. Your time to become successful doesn’t expire. Everyone wants to be successful, but most want it to happen immediately. You have to realize that good things take time. You won’t be able to achieve everything you want right now but that doesn’t mean your dream won’t be a reality in a couple years or maybe even 10. There is no time frame for success to occur, give yourself the time you need to become successful.
2. Quitting is the only way to fail. The only way you can truly fail is by quitting. Don’t throw in the towel after the 20th time something failed because the 21st time could be the lucky number. Don’t give up because you are a constant work in progress, just like your life is.
3. You will fail your way to success. Failure is inevitable but that isn’t a bad thing. You will fail 100 times before you figure out one way that works and that one way will be what you’ve been hoping for the entire time. Sometimes your setbacks feel like you’ll never get where you want to be but that simply isn’t true. Life is showing you there’s a better option and a better way to help you get where you want to be. Failure will make success taste so much sweeter.
4. Worrying will get you nowhere. Worrying is the easiest thing to do and the hardest thing to mentally control. Worrying is a natural reaction but when you feel overcome with worry and anxiety just know that it won’t help you get any closer to where you want to be. Let go of the things you can’t control and focus on the things you can.
5. Don’t compare yourself to others. You are not Steve Jobs, you are not Oprah, you are not J.K. Rowling, but you are you. You are exactly who you are and that doesn’t mean you can’t become the person you want to be. Comparing yourself to others won’t help you because you are not them, you are you. The only person you should ever try to be better than is yourself, as cliché as that it is, it’s true. There is no limit to the number of people who can be successful.
6. We all grow and develop at our own pace. Every single person on this planet is different from each other. Some things come easy to others, some things are more difficult but you are amazing in your own way. Don’t forget that when you feel like you’re falling behind because you’re not. You’re just still working on getting to where you want. Even flowers bloom at their own pace, but that doesn’t make them any less beautiful.
7. Focus more on creating a life that feels good, not just a life that looks good. Don’t just try to climb your way up the corporate ladder because you think it will look good. Do the things that feel good because that’s more important. Your mental health is important and it shouldn’t be compromised for a life that looks good to others from the outside.
8. If you want to do something you’ve never done before you’ve got to step out of your comfort zone. You can’t keep doing the same thing and expect success. In order to find success you have to try something new, something different, something more you. You have to do something you’ve never done before in order to achieve the success you’re hoping for.
9. Realize how far you’ve come. The only time you should really look back is to see how far you’ve come since you began. I bet the success you’ve already had will surprise you and inspire you to keep going.
10. Even if you never reach the level of success you’re hoping for you are enough. You’ll always be enough no matter how much or little success you have. Keep trying and do what feels right in your heart. Life will lead you where you’re supposed to be. You are not a failure because at the end of the day at least you tried and that’s a lot more than most people can say.