1. You are enough just the way you are. You don’t need approval from anyone to be enough; you are enough just the way you are. You are stronger than you think and tougher than you give yourself credit for. You’ve been fighting everyday and even on the days you wanted to give up, you haven’t. Keep going you are doing just fine.
2. Always make time for your family and loved ones. There is no guarantee that everyone will get a tomorrow so make sure you always make time for your loved ones. Make sure they know you love them and if things are rocky, now is the perfect time to mend the breakage because everyone should be around loved ones during the holiday season.
3. Appreciate what you have. You don’t know how much people wish they had what you have. Instead of always focusing on what you don’t have think about all you do have. Think about how lucky you are to have a bed to sleep in and clean clothes to change into. Not knowing what to wear when you’re going out is a problem a lot of people wish they had.
4. Be kind because you never know what kind of day someone is having. You never know what someone is going through so don’t take your anger and frustration out on them. They could have just got in a car accident or found out someone they love was diagnosed with cancer. Don’t give people hard times because of problems in your own life, find a different way to channel your emotions because taking it out on other people isn’t the way to go.
5. Money isn’t everything. I don’t care what anyone says, money is not everything. The happiest people I’ve ever met at the ones who are just getting by, the one’s who live paycheck to paycheck, the one’s who find the most pleasure in the little things. I’d take surrounding myself with the people who sleep in the back of the stores they own over a successful business man any day because I know the man sleeping in the back of his store is going to have much more wisdom, love and positivity to share than a successful business man.
6. If it won’t matter in a year don’t get upset over it. We waste so much time getting angry on our morning commute over traffic, over the person who only left a 10 percent tip instead of 15, over a store not having the right size. None of these problems are worth getting worked up over because in a year none of it will matter. So just take a step back and remember what’s important. Be thankful you have a job and the money to spend to buy a new outfit before you get bent out of shape for no real reason at all.
7. It’s better to do something nice and have no one notice than never do anything nice. It’s true that people will remember the times you messed up more than the times you did something good but that doesn’t mean you should never do anything nice. Do the small gestures, help people in any way you can because you never know how big that small act of kindness might be to them.
8. Be good to people, even if they’re not good to you. People aren’t always going to be good to you. That’s just a given, but that doesn’t give you an excuse to be rude back. Some people are going through some really hard times and they are channeling their energy in the wrong way, but that doesn’t give you the right to be rude back. Always, always be kind.
9. Never judge someone before you know them. You don’t know the layers each person possess and what their past is. You don’t know anymore about your mailman than you do the person sitting at the next table over at dinner. Everyone has a story and you shouldn’t ever judge someone based on their appearance before you know them. It doesn’t matter what age, race, color or religion they are affiliated with, everyone is a human and everyone has a past, so be kind and don’t judge them.
10. Never shame a woman who feels confident enough in herself to post “sexualized” photos. I’ve seen so much negativity floating around women who post sexualized photos of themselves online. If you have a problem with them I think you need to dig further and look inward at yourself. The only reason you’d want to tear down another woman is because you are either a piece of shit human or you have your own insecurities you need to face. Either way, never shame a confident woman because being a woman is hard enough in this world.
11. Don’t give your heart to someone who mistreats it. Don’t continue to misplace your heart in the wrong hands and cry when it gets broken. You’ve only got one heart so take care of it. Take risks with love, but only smart risks. Don’t give your heart to someone you know will mistreat it but you want to fix them, the pain you’ll feel in your heart won’t feel worth it.
12. Know your worth. Don’t settle for less than you deserve because you’re scared to end up alone. Don’t take being in a shitty relationship with someone who doesn’t love you or treat you like they should because you think it’s better than being alone. That’s not true. Being alone can be hard, but it’s better than being with someone who doesn’t love you or whom you don’t love fully.
13. The worst thing you can do for yourself is live in your comfort zone. If you don’t do one thing a day that scares you, are you really living? Do something that challenges you that tests you and makes you feel a little uncomfortable. Push yourself out of your comfort zone because your comfort zone is where you sleep, once you step out of it that’s when you start to live.
14. Let go of all the relationships that drain you. Don’t keep holding onto relationships that are filled with nothing but gossip and negativity. Don’t keep fighting for relationships that are long gone. You lose friends along the way and as hard as it is to accept, it’s part of life unfortunately and it happens. Trying to keep in touch with a person who never reciprocates is just emotionally draining and leaves you feeling empty.
15. Take care of your body. Seriously do it and I’m going to do it, too. You’ve only got one body and without your health you’ve got nothing.
16. Being skinny is NOT more important than your happiness. As important as your health is everything is about balance in life. And becoming obsessed with being skinny is not good for your health. Part of your health is your mental health, so don’t skip out on dinner with friends because it won’t fit your macros, don’t cut your calories and make yourself feel completely drained and don’t beat yourself up for eating an ice cream cone. Your health is extremely important, but so is your piece of mind and happiness. It’s all about balance.
17. Be nice to yourself. Please be kind to yourself, it’s good to hold yourself to standards but if you don’t reach those goals it doesn’t mean you’ve failed. Don’t let the voice in your head become your own worst enemy, start making friends with yourself. You’re all you’ve got.