1. Getting shit-faced drunk and thinking it’s attractive. No one wants to go home with someone who is so drunk they have whiskey dick. It isn’t attractive and it’s not enjoyable for either of you. Instead of trying to impress her by how much you can drink (it’s not impressive) just drink for fun and to have a good time.
2. Being cocky in front of their friends. No one is into someone who talks himself up like he’s a big deal. If you’re actually a big deal you won’t have to talk yourself up, your accomplishments will just show in your character.
3. Trying to act more confident than you are, it isn’t a good thing. Being confident is good if you’re naturally confident, but trying to prove you are confident most of the time just comes off as a bad thing. Not everyone is confident and that’s okay, but when you try to force it you it’s very unimpressive.
4. Talking shit about the people around you and thinking it’s funny. No one finds a guy attractive who is constantly putting others down and making fun of people for no reason. It shows who you are and most people don’t have interest in being around someone like that. In the wise words of J.K. Rowling, “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
5. Asking to have sex with you in front of other people. It actually surprises me people do this, but they do. And for the record, don’t do it again. It isn’t a good idea. It’s embarrassing and also rude. No one wants someone to walk up to them, especially someone they’re not dating, and say do you want to go have sex? NOPE.
6. Repeatedly trying to flirt with you and touch you when you’ve said no a bunch of times. Once a girl has turned you down you should take your rejection and walk away. You shouldn’t try to keep dancing with her, or touching her arm or whatever else you think will suddenly make her change her mind. Leave her alone, she said no.
7. Asking if you want to “watch a movie.” Netflix and chill has never been in. No one wants to Netflix and chill, they want to go out on a real date. It’s sleazy and not something to ask a girl you’re trying to impress. If you want to impress her, ask her out on a proper date. Don’t invite her into your bed.
8. Don’t lie. Lying is never, ever a good thing. Especially not from the start. Don’t pretend to be someone your not because if we actually do fall for you, you’ve nearly ruined your chances of trust for the future.
9. Stop saying things you think girls want to hear. Most of the time what you think will impress us won’t, it’s actually more of a turn off than anything. If you want to impress us just be yourself, it isn’t that hard and we will either like you or we won’t. Rejection sucks, but it happens to everyone.
10. Don’t try to make moves too fast. Not many girls want you to start feeling them up the first couple times you meet, have a little more respect than that. Once you push before she’s ready it’s an instant turn off no matter how she was feeling about you before. Trust me when I say she will let you know when she’s ready for whatever it may be she wants.
11) Don’t blow up her phone. No one wants to be texted four times throughout the span of an hour or so. She might actually have something going on and can’t respond right away. If she wants to talk to you, she will talk to you.
12) Cheesy pickup lines don’t work. If you want the girl, just be yourself. Your normal, flawed self. Maybe it will work or maybe it won’t, but you can’t force something that isn’t there and if she says she’s not interested, she’s not interested. Stop trying to force your way into her life, it’s not only a turn off, it’s rude and disrespectful. Don’t be that guy.