1. Literally crying after being around people for an extended period of time.
2. Intensely caring about other people but being overwhelmed by their company simultaneously.
3. People constantly mistaking you for an extravert because you act goofy to cover up the fact that crowds make you impossibly uncomfortable.
4. Saying something out loud while with other people that strays about 4 trains of thought from what they were talking about.
5. In the middle of creating something revolutionary, and realizing it’s sundown and you haven’t eaten all day.
6. Being actually shy, but too afraid of being rude to not talk to someone who strikes up a conversation with you.
7. Assuming the completely wrong date/time/activity because you never thought to look at the schedule.
8. Wanting to be wild and party like everyone else but never being invited out because you’re too afraid to be vulnerable and make actual friends.
9. Did I mention perceiving the best in everyone and everything? I promise if you look past the foam and gnarling teeth of that rabid pit bull it has a good spirit, deep down.
10. Being such good listener that you feel like everyone who calls you a friend just keeps you around for free counseling sessions.
11. Loving alone time but at the same time hating that it makes you have to process emotions.
12. Being the one to whom all of his coworkers come to complain about each other.
13. Having an imagination so vivid that you misinterpret a text message without a period to mean the sender is irreparably angry with you.
14. Being the one who always apologizes, even though you think the other person is egregiously wrong.
15. Having steadfast beliefs, but no courage to say anything about them to anyone who happens to challenge them.
16. Everyone thinking you’re a freak of nature or depressed when you decide to spend long periods locked in your room. I’m fine, I’m just writing a song. I’ll be out in 4 days.
17. Wanting to respond to a message, but too afraid of how to say something as to not break the other person’s fragile heart.
18. Identifying as male, but possessing every personality quality that would be deemed the opposite of masculine.
19. Turning even a superficial conversation with a stranger into a deep metaphor that reflects the greater meaning of life.
20. Wondering if you have no soul because you didn’t laugh out loud at something that everyone else in the room found hilarious.
21. Feeling too guilty to not give the homeless man on the street the last dollar in your wallet, even though you don’t even have a clue how you will pay your rent this month.
22. Finally telling someone your dreamy unrealistic ideas and then having them inevitably poke a hole in every logic flaw, crushing your tender spirit.
23. Having a really great idea, bringing it to life, realizing no one would care, then giving up on it.
24. Laughing like a fool in public (often in a serious setting) because you remembered something funny.
25. Despite all the lip you get for being overly an sensitive, shy, free spirit with his head in the clouds, knowing you wouldn’t change a thing because the personality type website said you were 4% of the population, and that makes you freakin’ special.