When working towards a goal there are going to be points where you feel like giving up. You hit a wall. You’re on a plateau. You’re feeling frustrated. You’re wondering when your actually going to hit the mark you aimed for. You may feel like your destination is out of reach, but it might be closer than you think. Here are some signs that you’re on the verge of reaching your goals.
1. You’ve taken the first step. Congratulations! If you’ve already decided to make an honest attempt at achieving your goals you’re already further than most people. By taking the first step I mean actually doing something, not making a wishful statement like “I’m going to start working out,” but actually struggling through your first week at the gym. Most people don’t get what they want because they don’t even try in the first place.
2. You have a plan. Action without purpose is powerless. It’s not good enough to have a vague idea of what you want. You have to have things mapped out. Of course everything won’t go exactly as you’ve planned, but it’s crucial that you have a plan to guide you. If your plan is well thought out and you stick to it you’ll get where you’re trying to go.
3. You’re learning everyday. You have to become a learning machine to be successful. If you’re consciously trying to develop your mind and learn new things then it will benefit you. The faster you learn the closer you get to your goals.
4. You keep your goals top of mind. Your thoughts become actions. Your actions become habits. Your habits lead to your circumstances. You attract what you think about most. If you are constantly thinking about your goals and what you need to do to achieve them you’ll come out on top.
5. You’re focused. The more focused you are the better. You can’t be distracted by your surroundings. You have to block out the noise of the world and put blinders on while you run your race. If your effort is concentrated on what matters then everything that doesn’t will no longer get in your way.
6. You’re consistent. Consistency builds your self confidence. Each time you do what you say you’re going to do you feel better about yourself. Making the commitment to slug it out one inch at a time is going to lead you to the life you’ve always wanted. Consistency trumps fate. If you keep plugging away at it you’re going to reach your end game goal.
7. You’re working smart. Working smart is better than working hard. Plenty of people work hard and get absolutely nowhere. Working smart means refining your strategy each and every day to figure out how to be more efficient and get more done. The smarter you work the quicker you’ll get there.
8. You’re excited. There’s a great litmus test to figure out whether you’re on the right track. If you’re excited to wake up in the morning you are among the top 5 percent of people in the world. You have to treat all seven days of the week as a new opportunity to lean, grow, and accomplish.
9. You keep your imagination active. You have to be able to see things that don’t exist yet in order to be successful. You have to capture the feeling of what it would be like to live the life of your dreams and you have to hold onto that vision to give you the motivation to manifest it. You’re the creator of your life. You have the power to shape reality into the mold you want it to fit in.
10. You know why. If you don’t know the why behind what you’re doing then you’re destined to fail. You have to start with why because it’s the only true incentive that will keep you from wanting to quit. It’s what you can always turn to when you’re feeling discouraged or frustrated. It’s the source of all your creative power. It’s the key to your destiny.