1. Respect Your Parents
2. Traditional Gender Roles…Who needs ’em?
3. Forgive him for the Dad Jeans because your Pops’ bound to have some article of clothing you’re begging to borrow.
4. When it doubt, sing it out: The family lip-synch episodes for Grandma and Grandpa Huxtable’s 49th and 50th Wedding Anniversary are pure gold!
5. Your college graduation day is just as exciting for your parents as it is for you.
6. Just because you’re cute doesn’t mean you’ll get your way.
7. Mark your calendars (and plan in advance ) for major family holidays…You don’t want to be that kid who gives Dad a light-up tie for Fathers Day.
8. You can always come home.
9. Grandparents are not the same people our parents grew up with. And, yes, their job is to spoil us.
10. Girls will always hog the bathroom.
11. Tell your parents if you’re living with your significant other. That conversation will be far less awkward then your dad finding your partners underwear mixed in with your dirty laundry.
12. Fish funerals are very sad occasions.
13. Trick or Treating = Begging
14. Even if your dad is a OBGYN, mom’s the one to turn to when it comes to “Woman’s Day” matters.
15. Living in a “Real World Apartment” isn’t what it’s cracked up to be.
16. Despite the price break, never ask your sister to make a knock-off Gordon Gartrell.
17. You can make just as big of an impression without words…think of Rudy’s silent friend, Peter, who’d run home when trouble hit. Despite his lack of lines and small number of appearances, he’s still one of the most remembered characters.
18. At the end of the day, it’s all about family.