With every year you get older, don’t you miss the magic of Halloween just a little bit more? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love partying as much as the next guy, and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to get a little bit weird. But you know what I mean. When you’re young, Halloween is exciting for many other reasons. When you’re young and naive and have no fucking idea how the world works, Halloween is a legitimately magical holiday. The spooky stuff – ghosts and monsters and curses galore – doesn’t seem too far fetched. The Halloween nights of your youth probably consisted of trying to get that fleeting adrenaline rush of terror, in addition to your standard trick or treating.
Wasn’t that fun? Everyone loves getting scared sometimes, and we all most definitely love getting wrapped up in the novelty and pageantry of a holiday. So, without further ado, here are 10 ways to make your Halloween weekend just a little bit more magical. But by all means, please party your face off, too.
- Go to a Haunted House. Just do it.
- Carve a Jack-O-Lantern. Don’t give a single fuck about your lack of artistic talent.
- Go on a “Haunted Tour” of your city, if available.
- Have a scary movie marathon. Only movies that legitimately ruin your sleep.
- Read about the history of Halloween.
- Find a reportedly haunted building near you. Visit it.
- Go to a cemetery at midnight.
- Compare ghost stories with your friends. Some of them will have their own personal stories they swear by.
- Read this list of creepy Halloween facts.
- Pull out a Ouija board in a darkly lit room with some friends…if you dare.