Letting go is a long and hard process. It doesn’t happen overnight. But once you’ve found the courage to let go – especially those who are toxic to you – it’s all worth it. And I assure you, it’s the best feeling in the world.
1. You finally get to enjoy yourself more. Now that you’ve set yourself free from the feelings that almost consumed your whole being, you are able to live your life again; one where you don’t just exist, one where you experience things- new and amazing things. You are now able to take a trip by yourself without feeling so alone.
2. You get to go on adventures. You get to enjoy the beauty of the world around you better. You get to appreciate the little things more because you aren’t so wrapped up in the one person who will never care about you anymore.
3. You now see life in a clearer and better perspective. After all the nights wasted on him, all those sleepless nights spent crying over him, you realize that there is so much more to life than being stuck in one place and never being able to move forward. All those tears that you’ve cried have washed away all the pain that has blocked your view from the real wonders of life, giving you a clearer picture of what lies ahead.
4. You learn. Through the process you’ve learned so many things. You learned that nothing is ever permanent. You learned to love yourself first. You learned that no matter how many times you fall down, you can always choose to get back up every single time.
5. You’ve finally broken free from a bad habit. Admit it, you never go a day without checking his profile on Facebook, or see what he posts on his Instagram account. It’s become an addiction. No matter how much you wanted to get it out of your system, it just won’t budge. But now that you’ve finally decided to let go, nothing ever felt better. You no longer rummage through his posts and ache at something you wish you hadn’t seen or read. It wasn’t easy but it wasn’t impossible either.
6. You’ve stopped wasting your time. It wasn’t worth it- and you know it. You’ve spent hours thinking about him, missing him, even crying because of him. But now you’ve realized that it’s not worth it. He wasn’t worth it. Because no matter how you put it, you will always be the one at loss because you were the one who placed your heart on the line. You were the one who took the risk of falling without knowing whether someone is willing to catch you or not.
7. It’s like you’ve lifted a weight off your shoulders that’s constantly bringing you down. Some people are like anchors- the longer you hold on to them, the deeper you sink. Now that you’ve let go of this specific anchor in your life, you are no longer drowning, you continue to rise higher until you reach the surface and stay afloat.
8. You are one step closer to finding the Right One. We will all go through a series of broken promises, broken dreams, and broken hearts before we find the one we are really meant for. And as for you, you’ve got one less broken piece to mend. By breaking free from those chains of bitterness and pain, you’re now free to soar and seek the one who’s capable of fixing your broken heart.