1. Don’t waste your energy on those who continuously drain it.
2. It’s okay to take up space. Ask questions, use your voice, let your presence be known.
3. It’s also okay to NEED space, to exist in moments of solitude.
4. People who are constantly making fun of others are wildly insecure
5. Being mean is not, nor will it ever be, funny.
6. People might ask for the truth, but they rarely ever actually want it. Proceed with caution when someone says, “Be honest.”
7. Having a small inner circle is totally fine.
8. You don’t owe anyone your personal business.
9. We all like to gossip. But that doesn’t mean you should participate in spreading things that could be harmful to someone.
10. You’re allowed to disconnect if something or someone is exhausting you.
11. Carve out 30 minutes of solo time every single day. Be it a walk, meditation, or journaling. Commit to a small period of reflection alone.
12. Unfollow, unfriend, or hide posts on social media that only make you feel bad about yourself.
13. If you are able, exercise. Not only can it help your mental health and overall mood, you might find your sleep cycle becomes more regular.
14. You have an unlimited well of self-love. You just have to find it.
15. Missing someone is a natural part of human life. You’re not a failure for being sentimental over a lost or estranged relationship.
16. You can’t control how you feel, but you can control if you act on it.
17. Practice granting forgiveness. It’s something that takes a few tries to master.