1. Nothing good ever happens after 2 AM. Usually, you make the most stupid decisions in the most unholy hour. So if you find yourself contemplating on something on the wee hours of the morning, you better sleep it off. You’ll find that you make better decisions in the morning.
2. There is always someone out there for you. You may not meet him today, tomorrow, or the next day; but somehow, you’ll find the right one for you. Sometimes, people fall in love in the most unexpected ways, and you might find yourself falling for that person you never intended to.
3. There is no such thing as destiny. You make your own choices in life, and these choices will affect your future. How you want that to be–whether happy or sad–is entirely up to you.
4. You don’t always end up being the person you planned to be. We all have dreams we want to fulfill, but somehow, life intervenes and these dreams doesn’t exactly happen the way we want it. Sometimes plans crash to make way for more worthwhile things. We just have to accept the fact that we can’t always get what we want.
5. You will always have your best friends, no matter what. Yes, you may fight, insult, and get into arguments with your friends. You may swear that you never want to see them again, but your real friends will always have your back through the good and the bad.
6. Everyone deserves a second chance. You may find yourself liking a shirt you swore you’d never wear three years ago, or listening to a song you hated when it first came out months ago. The point is, your taste on things change. Maybe you just have to give them a chance, because chances are, these things have improved a lot over time.
7. Don’t overthink. Don’t complicate things when it’s supposed to be simple. Just let things happen as they are.
8. Love is about compromise. Once you love someone, you don’t just love the good things about them. You also learn to accept their imperfections. When you become a couple, you’re not an individual “I” anymore. Instead, you become a “We”. And with this, you make decisions which are not only good for you, but for the other person too.
9. Time moves at different speeds. Sometimes hours feel like minutes, and some seconds could last a lifetime. There will always be moments in our life where everything else would race in a blur and come to a full stop; those are the moments that we never want to end.
10. Being the rebound is never a good thing. Only time can heal all wounds, and rushing into a new relationship wouldn’t do anyone good. A relationship based on rebound is destined to be doomed.
11. Just because something needs to be told, doesn’t mean it needs to be heard. Some things are better left unsaid, because let’s face it; the most hurtful words come from the truth.
12. Doing bad things doesn’t make you a bad person. Nobody is perfect. Sometimes, we make bad decisions, but who we are is greater than the sum of all our mistakes.
13. Sometimes, it’s okay not to be you. There’s nothing wrong with becoming another person even for a day, just as long as you remember who you are.
14. It’s one thing not to want something, it’s another to be told you can’t have it. It’s nice knowing you can do something in case you change your mind. And it hurts a lot when someone closes the door of opportunities for you.
15. We all need The Talk. Say all the things that needs to be said, listen to the things that needs to be heard. It’s one of the hardest things ever, but we all have to do it.
16. There will always be that person in our life that we’ll hide under the table from. We all have ghosts from our past, and no matter how hard we try to run away from them, there will always come a point in our lives when they’ll catch up on us. Sometimes, all we have to do is face it and end it once and for all.
17. There is a very fine line between knowing and obsessing. Trying to find out a secret is one of the most exhilarating things ever. But obsessing over someone else’s secrets won’t do you any good. Respect the person’s privacy. Besides, some secrets are meant to be kept hidden.
18. Old traditions die hard. It isn’t just about not finding another thing to do, or that doing these things are fun. It is about knowing that these traditions will always be a part of who you are, and that breaking it is like letting a piece of you die.
19. Learn to read between the lines. The most important things aren’t directly said. You have to pay attention to subliminal messages concealed by metaphors and serious sarcasms.
20. If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have plenty of regrets when you’re old. It’s so much better to wake up one day saying, “I remember when I did that. It was freaking awesome.”, rather than wake up and say, “I wish I did that when I had the chance. Now, I’m too old for this shit.”