“Don’t worry ‘bout a thing, ‘cause every little thing’s gonna be alright!” – Bob Marley
1. Exercise and eat healthy.
2. DO NOT rely on someone else to make you happy. Don’t give someone else that kind of power, ever.
3. Listen to your parents. They really do know what they’re talking about and they are the only people who have been there for you since day one, and they always will be. They’re the only people in the world who gave up so much to raise you and they want to see you succeed.
4. Don’t drink/smoke/have sex every weekend. You don’t need drugs and alcohol to have a good time. You don’t need a lousy hookup to feel good about yourself for a night and then leave you feeling like shit.
5. Drink/smoke/have sex. If you’re surrounded with good people, and a good person, and you know it’ll make you happy – then do it.
6. There are some people out there who will truly do anything for you. Keep them around, you’ll need them.
7. Eat that slice of pizza or extra scoop of ice cream. Gaining weight is completely natural and it’s a part of life. How much you weigh does not define who you are.
8. Watch chick-flicks, listen to upbeat music and dance.
9. Buy the expensive boots/jacket/sweater.
10. Talk to someone, or a group of people, who you can trust. Sometimes it really is nice to tell people what has been going on in your life, or just to vent.
11. If you don’t want to talk to someone, write.
12. Be around people who make you happy.
13. Don’t settle for anyone. You could meet the right person when you’re 18 or when you’re 60-years-old, just wait and it will be worth it.