1. You’ve been asked (at least once) what year your VW Beetle is.
2. You know how the Germans pronounce the word “Volkswagen” – folks-vaygen
3. You have to show people where your gas tank (it’s probably found in your trunk)
4. Some parts of your car are only for show (radio, seatbelt, right side mirror)
5. People open your engine thinking it’s your trunk – and open your trunk thinking it’s where your engine is.
6. Your car has eyelids.
7. When you see other Beetles on the road, you honk your horns at each other as a kind of “Beetle hello.”
8. People assume you got a VW Beetle because you like the movie Herbie.
9. And then they ask you why you didn’t paint your car like Herbie.
10. You have a name for your car (but maybe not Herbie).