- Thou shalt honor thy body and keep it fed; do not forsaketh carbohydrates but enjoy them and rejoice in thy ever-increasing metabolism.
- Thou shalt not line up in a corral in which ye cannot keep up.
- Thou shalt move to the side of the road/trail before halting abruptly to avoid collisions.
- Thou shalt not covet thy fellow runner’s personal records.
- Thou shalt acknowledge waves, greetings, nods, and good morrow’s when passing other runners.
- Thou shalt run with awareness at night, for lo! Lurkers may creep when nobody is watching.
- Thou shalt invest in good running shoes. Do not be deceived by what is popular.
- Thou shalt remember the rest day, and keep it holy. It is most beauteous.
- Thou shalt not forget to hydrate, for your body will betray you with dehydration.
- Thou shalt not be invincible and run through aches and pains/ignore injuries.
- Thou shalt show mercy unto thy fellow runners, and not blow snot rockets without looking first.
- Thou shalt run against traffic, or surely thou will perish.
- Thou shalt not throw cups at the feet of runners behind you.
- Thou shalt pay attention to traffic before crossing streets.
- Thou shalt commit adultery with other forms of exercise; biking, hiking, elliptical and swimming shall heal thy tired muscles.
- Thou shalt thank the volunteers, and honor them with praise.
- Thou shalt not be an elitist jerk. If ye run, ye are a runner.
- Thou shalt not litter thy fuel trash.
- Thou shalt bequeath thy wealth of knowledge to newer runners, for the experienced man is wise.
- Thou shalt enjoy thyself. If running givest thy soul grief, thou shalt rethink the path of exercise and maybe take up zumba.
Could Your Symptoms Be Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)?
When pimple-like bumps or boils start showing up in areas where skin rubs together, you may question what’s going on with your body. Take the quiz to see if your symptoms may be HS—a chronic inflammatory skin condition that may be linked to the immune system.
Please note: This quiz is not meant to diagnose patients with HS. After completing this quiz, please talk to your dermatologist about your answers as soon as possible.