1. It’s okay if you’re not as close to your best friend, or to most of your friends anymore. This is not because you don’t care about each other anymore, but you just became adults who don’t always have the time to hang out like you used to.
2. You will feel lost (most of the time), and I’m talking about those who still haven’t figured out what they really want to be. Or, they do know but they’re struggling to find their place. There’s just too much competition out there in the real world, man.
3. It’s okay to not be perfect at what you do. You just have to love it.
4. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, takes time. You can’t expect the world to give what you want with open arms. You have to work hard for it. Contrary to the saying life is short, it’s actually pretty long and you have all the time to do what you want to do.
5. Everything will fall into place. Your career, love life, personal life. You just have to be patient.
6. You will feel accomplished after graduating but will self-hate when you finally look for a job.
7. It’s okay if you don’t get your dream job the first try. Or the second try. Or the third try. You just try and try until you do.
8. You will get a job that would only pay the bills. Not satisfying or inspiring whatsoever.
9. Be flexible. It’s amazing how far our dreams can push us, but while you’re getting there, it’s totally okay to do something else in order to achieve your dream.
10. You will question yourself. All of your achievements, hard work, sacrifices, if they were all for nothing. And sometimes…
11. You will think you’re not good enough. There would be times you just want to cry to release the pain. It’s normal to feel that way. But negativity can do so much. You just have to remind yourself why you’re in your position in the first place and where it will take you.
12. Accept your flaws. Use them as your drive to be better at what you do.
13. Take your time. Take time to figure out who you are, who you want to be, and where you want to be. Life is not a race. Take time to breathe and trust the process.
14. The sooner you realize to be content where you are and who you are now, the happier you will be.
15. Stop being jealous of other people’s lives.
16. You can be alone. You don’t have to socialize all the time. Taking a break from everybody else from time to time will benefit you. Like they say, you are who you truly are when nobody is watching.
17. Social media may as well be destroying your life if you’re so glued to it. Go out, enjoy the weather, read a book, do something for the first time. There are so many possibilities.
18. You can’t always assume that the people you care for will be there for you the way you are for them. Sometimes you are important to them, sometimes not. A lot of people change their minds, just like you do.
19. The only thing that’s getting you from point A to point B is yourself. Stop worrying so much. If it does not work out, at least you could say you tried.
20. You will get rejected more than once. You will feel more disappointed than you’ve ever had, and you will make more mistakes. But that’s only what makes you human.