1. Connect with someone who you find inspiring. You know those people who are so awesome that you feel in awe when you are around them? Spending time with people who you look up to will make you happier and motivate you to achieve more.
2. Choose your priorities. Some people never truly set priorities, and this can mean their goals clash and never get achieved. If you know exactly what you want, it will be much easier for you to get it.
3. Wear clothes you love. You will feel happier and more confident, so you are much more likely to have a good day!
4. Learn to say “no” without feeling guilty. This may be tough to start with, but you will be much happier in the long term.
5. Try new foods that are healthy. Who knows, avocado may end up being your favorite food!
6. De-clutter your home and work space. Do you really still need your old VCR player? Probably not.
7. Write down your goals for the next year. You are much more likely to achieve your goals if you make them real and track their progress as you go.
8. Spend half an hour a day doing something you love.
9. Read every day. It doesn’t have to be a book, but Facebook and Twitter don’t count.
10. Write down your perfect working day. Once you know exactly what that is, focus on making your work day more like it.
This post originated on The Twenty Something Social Recluse.