1. When you’re no longer able to change a situation, you are challenged to change yourself. And in turn, by doing so, changes everything.
2. It’s you who’s suffering when you keep holding on to anger or pain. Let go, learn from it, and forgive. Notice how at peace your heart is after. I’ve held grudge for years and it took me that long, too, to realize that it’s just me who’s putting up with anger and pain all throughout that period. Until one night, I realized I’m done with it. I forgave even without the other party saying sorry, I let go, and I did it all for myself. I freed my heart from all the negativity it has been carrying for years and it feels so nice to be this free.
3. Sometimes, people just drift apart. You lose friends along the way and that’s okay. Still, be grateful for the friendship you’ve made.
4. Accept that people change and that people will continuously change over time. You should know how to love a changing person. Grow with them.
5. There’s no easy way in getting what you truly want. You have to be willing to make certain sacrifices. Good things rarely come quick and easy so keep in mind that you need to work hard to get what it is that your heart is truly aiming for.
6. People leave because they aren’t meant to be in your life anymore. Their chapter in your life is done and they don’t need to be there in your life’s next pages.
7. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been together or how happy you were in each others’ arms.. If he doesn’t want to be with you anymore, then he really doesn’t want to be with you anymore. So be it.
8. What you allow is what will continue. Give as much as you can, but if someone’s taking advantage of you already, then stop. Don’t allow yourself to be used. It’s not even worth it.
9. Stop comparing other people’s success with your own success.
10. Manage your money wisely so your money doesn’t manage you.
11. Live your life before it leaves you. Travel as much as you can. Keep on doing what you love. Tell the people you love how much you care for them; how much you appreciate them. Do not live your life based on someone’s expectations or goals for you. Find your passion. Find peace. Find your own calling.
12. If you feel like you’re just an option, make it easy for that someone on deciding who he or she has to be with. Remove yourself from his or her choices. Know your worth.
13. You are a product of your past but you don’t have to be a prisoner of it. You become a prisoner when you cling to what no longer exists. Let go.
14. Do what you love. Life is too short to waste your time on something that does not make you feel excited for tomorrow.
15. The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. Self love. Acceptance. Be kind to yourself because at the end of the day, when it seems like the universe has given up on you, you have no one to turn to but yourself. You must love who you are or no one else will.
16. You don’t need toxic people in your life. Embracing their negativity only harms you at the end of the day. Move forward.
17. Make time for your family. Always. Make it a habit to talk with your mom or dad even if you have a busy schedule. Tell them you love them. I promise, they would appreciate the small gesture that you made and I’m sure that it would totally make their day.
18. Real love never limits you. It doesn’t restrict you; it doesn’t try to change you; it doesn’t entitle you to anything. Real love is freedom.
19. You are who you spend your time with so surround yourself with the right people. Avoid people who suck the happiness out of you. As the saying goes, tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are. Make it a goal to spend more time with nice people who would support you in everything that you do, friends who would correct you whenever you did something wrong, good people who would whole-heartedly help you grow into a better you. In short, surround yourself with positivity!!
20. You can’t fix someone else; only God can do that. The only thing we can do for them is to love them unconditionally just how God loves us.
21. You are wonderful, and you deserve all the love and happiness in this world. You deserve nothing but the best. ALWAYS.