Right now you are precious, innocent in every way. You are a little girl, living in her own made up fantasy land over your imagination.
As you grow older, your own world will start to disappear, and reality will kick in. Before this happens though, there are a few things you need to hear, and here they are:
1. Don’t let others bring you down. There are going to be people who will get jealous of you. People who will try to make you feel like you are worthless at some points. Don’t let them discourage you, because you are worth more than you will ever know. Don’t forget that.
2. Self-image is only the outside. It doesn’t matter what color you are, what size dress you wear. What matters is the beauty of your soul. The media makes you feel like you need to look a certain way, but don’t listen to that. You are perfect just the way you are, you are beautiful.
3. Friends come and go. You will have plenty of friendships as you grow up. Some of them you will grow apart from, and that’s okay. One or two of the friends you make will be there for you forever, and those are the ones you will need throughout life.
4. You’ll have plenty of breakups. They are apart of life. Relationships, like friends, come and go. It will hurt, it might last a while, but you will make it through, I promise. It will feel like the end of the world, but it’s not. You’ll overcome it, and be stronger than ever.
5. Family will pass away. I know it’s a little dark, but it’s the truth. People pass, it’s a part of life, but it’s nothing we won’t be able to handle together. You won’t be alone in this one, you will always have someone to hug, or cry on, during these times.
6. Peer pressure is real, but don’t let it get to you. I’ve experienced it, your grandparents experienced it, everyone has at some point. It’s hard to say no to something when it seems like everyone you know is doing it. But stay strong, hold your ground. Just because others are doing whatever it is doesn’t mean it is right.
7. True love is real, but it is hard to find. You might think you are in love, many times even. You’ll get all the emotions of being in love, but it might not be real in the end. It’s okay, it will come. Great things take time, and I know you will find it in the end. Just be patient, you have all the time in the world right now.
8. I will always be your biggest fan. No matter what you do, what happens in life, good or bad, I will be here. I will never give up on you. My love for you is larger than anything else in this world. I will always be a shoulder to cry on, a cheerleader to your successes. Never forget that I will never judge you, or turn you away. I will always be your #1 fan.
I know all of this might not make sense right now, and it might not for a while. But, I will always remind you how special you are, and that no matter what life brings to you, I will always be here, by your side.