I’ll Always Love You, But You Deserve To Be Happy

katpage
katpage

It’s been a while, since my name has come across the lock screen of your phone. A whole month actually, which is a lot given in the past two and a half years I couldn’t go more than two weeks without getting my fix. I assume this is how addicts recover. Slowly, day by day, and hour by hour.

I am slowly ridding myself of you even though I am doing so against every fiber of my being. But it’s time. I have held you captive long enough.

It’s time for you to run free. Maybe you already have, who knows but for the first time in two years I am giving you my permission to. Run free and in doing so I hope you run into pure happiness.

I hope you are truly happy. I hope you find someone who can give you everything I never could.

I hope the two of you thrive together and remain happy for a very long time. As hard as it is for me to let go, I have no choice. For the longest time I assumed I needed closure. But closure does not exist. Closure is a figment of our imaginations. Closure only exists in a perfect world. So I am ridding myself of you because I have been given no choice. Not all at once, but slowly.

As much as I don’t want to, it must be done. If I don’t do it now, when will it ever end? Because there is a 3% chance we will ever get back together and let’s be honest, I am the rule not the exception so the other 97% is what I am facing. Maybe I have only convinced myself I’m over you but it’s a start.

So get out there, forget about me, forget about what I put you through, forget this never-ending story and be happy.

You deserve it. For I will always love you but you deserve to do whatever makes you happy. TC mark

Related

More From Thought Catalog

blog comments powered by Disqus