1. My mom printed my high school diploma using Microsoft Publisher and I got into largest college in my state with no problem.
2. I learned to set my own schedule and manage my time at a young age.
3. No wasting time waiting for class to be over. When I finished my work I was able to move on to the next subject.
4. This allowed me extra time to start my own soap making business and make money on the side.
5. I was much better prepared for college because I already knew how to take initiative, and responsibility for my learning.
6. One on one discussion with my teacher/parent, or tutor allowed for personalized and engaging learning experiences. I had no hesitation to ask questions.
7. Being home-schooled freed me from the stresses of excessive testing. People can be taught how to pass a test, but it’s not always an indication of their retained knowledge.
8. At an early age I began to think about how I wanted my education to be tailored toward my goals.
9. Being home-schooled taught me that learning doesn’t have to be tedious.
10. I was able to choose my social activities by playing multiple sports, and taking dance lessons.
11. I also took elective classes, such as art, video tech, and German at my local high school.
12. I learned to think critically and objectively.
13. I wasn’t made to feel bad about being an introvert.
14. I graduated early.