1. There’s nothing more fulfilling than falling in love with someone who makes you want to be a better person.
2. Having a partner that isn’t afraid to challenge your opinions, thoughts, and actions can be the best way for you to grow.
3. Creating an open dialogue in a relationship leads to discovery and a healthy relationship.
4. Being with someone who is as intelligent as you are means you never become complacent.
5. It’s okay for one person in the relationship to love the other more but when it’s equal and evolving – that’s the greatest.
6. Realizing these few things made me receptive to certain behaviors that have improved my relationships over time and here’s some advice I’ve developed:
- Give love openly, always. And when you receive love, always show appreciation.
- Never compare your relationship with someone else’s. It’s just stupid.
- Never ever criticize your partner, especially in front of others. That’s just not a good characteristic to have.
- Understand that you are both flawed. Love those flaws.
- Don’t fear space. Space can be a necessary and beautiful part of a relationship.
- Work as a team. See the partnership as something that lives and evolves. Express appreciation and concern. Find solutions together. Be each other’s biggest fan and greatest champion.
- Finally, set your own rules. Don’t let anyone tell you what’s right for your relationship.
Yes, this means you can completely ignore everything I just said.