1. Nothing has been a waste of time, everything and everyone has had a purpose in your journey. Relationships of all kinds will come and go, but you’re meant to experience them because each one will teach you something new.
2. You are more fragile than you realize, so learn to give yourself a break. Take a day off. Being excessively tired can conjure up a whole bunch of awful feelings, sometimes you just need a day off from the world to rest and recoup.
3. You’re going to come up against hard times, but you will get through, you always do. When the tough times come rolling in, remind yourself that this won’t last and that it’s just a process you have to go through to learn something; don’t be too proud to lean on others when you need them too.
4. Don’t compare yourself to others you are worth more than that.
5. Things won’t always make sense at the time, but when you look back you’ll see there was a reason for it all. Sometimes in life we have to go forward to come back, it’s not logical and it can be really frustrating – just go with it, it will all make perfect sense eventually.
6. Your capabilities are far greater than you believe so always aim high.
7. You have to be a little bit brave and courageous sometimes, if you want it, go get it. The greatest discoveries in your life will come from the times when you’re open to change, change can feel daunting and uncomfortable but without it we cannot grow.
8. Don’t panic when one door closes, another five are already open waiting for you. This one relates to careers, relationships, opportunities, friendships and lots more; remember to think about the bigger picture.
9. It’s normal to not be OK sometimes.
10. Happiness isn’t something you need to find or get, it’s something to work on every single day. It can’t really be found in material possessions or from changing our appearance, it is a choice, a mindset, a way of life.
11. You don’t have to stick with plan A, B or even plan C for that matter; it’s OK to change your mind. Be curious, wander off the beaten track, you don’t need to figure out what you’re going to ‘do’ with your life because this is life right now, every single day you are living is life – so just live it.
12. Take your time, live by your own rules, not the stereotypes. Just because everyone around you seems to have it all together, it doesn’t mean that you’re wrong or you’re failing, you’re just doing things a little differently.
13. Listen to the wisdom of your elders, you still have lots to learn.
14. You can never have too many hobbies. Learn, take up a new sport, get interested in something, anything! We are so lucky that we live in a time where we are free to take up so many new activities and also a time where new discoveries are constantly being made, so even if we aren’t doing something we can learn something new.
15. Your mind is a powerful thing – feed it positivity and you will reap the rewards
16. Keep a distance from those who play with your emotions – let someone else feed their ego
17. Balance in everything is the key, but the key to life is not having the perfect balance. Eat well, exercise regularly, socialize often and study frequently; but don’t put all your energy into having a perfectly balanced life. Be proud of your journey, for all you have achieved, and everything you were brave enough to try
18. Never doubt who you are because of how others make you feel.
19. Be adventurous, travel, as far and as often as you can. There are some pretty marvelous things to see in this world, and traveling itself is an awesome experience, especially if you dare to do it alone!
20. Be present but don’t forget to have fun, this is no dress rehearsal. We only ever get one shot at this life, so make it a good one!