1. Drink more water. Your body needs it. You’re going to have to pee… a lot. But there are worse things in life than spending a few more minutes in the restroom.
2. Sleep more. You need your beauty rest. Ever think about why you’re so damn crabby during the day? Or why you have those ridiculous bags under your eyes? Get some rest.
3. Laugh often. Let’s be honest, laughing is fun. So much fun! It may even help you get abs.
4. Eat breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day and it’s wonderfully delicious. You want to be skinnier? Skipping meals isn’t going to do it for you, sister. You’re only slowing down that metabolism of yours.
5. Work on self-reflection. This is your life, after all. Your mind, body, and soul are quite important.
6. Reach your goals. Why set them if you aren’t going to accomplish them? If you want something, go get it.
7. Be more mindful. Be aware of your surroundings. Look past the obvious.
8. Be grateful and appreciate the small things. You have food and shelter. Other people don’t…
9. Stress less. I bet if I told you stress could cause over or under eating, acne, lack of motivation, anxiety, sleepless nights, and blah blah blah, you would try to stress less. Well guess what? Stress can cause over or under eating, acne, lack of motivation, anxiety, sleepless nights, and blah blah blah. So stress less, folks.
10. Stimulate your brain. Find people to challenge you. People that make you think outside the box and vice versa.
11. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Shit, this one sucks. But it’s the truth.
12. Exercise. I think I am old, I really do. But let’s be honest, I’m not. My body still functions pretty well. My guess, yours does too. So when you’re sore, or when you’re tired, you should still do something to get your body moving.
13. Edit your life. Remove the garbage. Whether that consists of people, attitudes, or unfashionable clothing, say goodbye. We don’t have time for everyone and our closet doesn’t have room for all our old must-haves.
14. Judge less. Rolling your eyes at a girl for taking a selfie is pointless. You do you. Focus on yourself.
15. Don’t procrastinate. Want less stress in your future? Then stop putting off every single task. That way, you’ll accomplish more of what you actually want to do.
16. Stop complaining, because it’s not changing anything. You really think that you complaining about how much money you make is going to make leaves turn into hard cold cash or that your Venmo is going to mysteriously have 1,000 extra dollars in it? Wrongo!
17. Take steps of action or nothing will ever get done. You lazy piece of ass, get up off the couch. Stop watching Netflix and eating ice cream. Be proactive.
18. Let go and let be. Stop taking life so seriously. Don’t get embarrassed, feel lame, or be a constant worrywart. Dance in your underwear for goodness sake. Sing loud in the shower so all of your roommates can hear you. Enjoy life.
19. Don’t compare yourself to others. Remember that perfection doesn’t exist. No matter how pretty, skinny, smart, and funny that girl you’re stalking on Instagram looks… she still has issues. Trust me, she does. Be okay with being perfectly imperfect.
20. Never stop dreaming. Dream big or you might as well not dream at all. Dreams aren’t just meant for sleeping — they are meant for everyday life.