Sometimes, the most annoying thing about being at an airport isn’t the long lines or the hassle of going through the security. It’s your fellow passengers and travelers. You know who I’m talking about – those annoying airport people. If you’re a traveler, just by reading this, you probably already have some examples coming to mind.
It’s all part of the airport experience. There will always be people that due to ignorance, indifference, or personal differences will do things that get on your nerves. Those people that make you roll your eyes and think oh come on (or something even more colorful).
Here are 10 of the most annoying people you will meet in the airport in no particular order (it’s a miracle I haven’t slapped anyone at the airport yet).
1. People that board before their row is called and people who stand in a huge line waiting to get onto the plane.
Sit down until your row is called. Why are you in such a rush to get in that plane? Seven hours sitting in a plane isn’t enough for you? Or you just love waiting in lines? Please help me understand you thought process here.
2. People who are rude to (or ignore) staff.
The airline staff checks your ticket and ID. They smile at you, call you by name, and tell you to enjoy your flight. And you can’t even muster a little smile and thank you. Did wolves raise you? Or do you just enjoy being rude to people?
3. People who randomly stop while walking and cause you to almost crash into them (and sometimes wish that you would have).
If you’re driving a car down the highway would you suddenly slam on the brakes for no reason and then just sit in the middle of the road? No, that would be crazy right? It’s just as crazy when someone does it while walking. Get out of the way!
4. When people block the escalators or moving sidewalks so that no one can get by.
Just because you’re not in a rush doesn’t mean that the person behind you isn’t. Again – get out of the way!
5. People that take up more room than they need.
(Because their space is so much more important than yours). Oh so you think that you should get two armrests and I should get none? You think your junk is so big that you need to spread your legs apart like you’re about to give birth? You’re right, your shopping bags are so special that they can have their own seat, I’ll just stand.
6. People who get to the front of the line and are searching for their passport in their bag.
Despite them having been in the queue for at least 10 minutes. What were you doing for the last ten minutes, playing angry birds on your phone?
7. People that think I want to listen to Blink 182 or candy crush or whatever other music/movie/video/game they are listening to.
There’s no reason to have your devices blaring on full blast. And let’s not forget the people who listen to music and videos without headphones. There’s a reason they sell ear buds and headphones at every shop in the airport.
8. People who bring a carry-on monstrosity.
They hold up the line trying to cram their ridiculously large carry on into the overhead. Then they spend the whole flight watching movies on the airplane television and not using a single thing in their carry on. Why do you need all that stuff on the airplane with you?
9. People that try to take the window seat even though that’s not their seat.
They’re probably hoping that the person who is supposed to be sitting in window seat is anti-confrontational and won’t say much about it. Or that they can be easily guilted into giving it up. I always book a window seat so if I show up to my row and you are in the window seat we are going to have a problem. You like the window seat? Well so do I that’s why I booked it. Now get out of my seat.
10. People who still don’t understand what to do while going through security.
Laptop still in bag, belt and watch still on, phone in pocket. Even if you have never been on a plane before there are usually signs and pictures of what you need to do.
When people annoy you at the airport just have a drink, do some ommmms and think about how close you are to vacation.