1. I was disgustingly sick as a result of food poisoning and didn’t want her to see what a mess I was. Things were coming out both ends and we’d only been a couple for two months. I didn’t want her to see this! But she brought me water and bags and played reruns of my favorite TV shows in the background because I’d find it comforting. She didn’t abandon me just because it was gross.
2. She ate a taco way faster than me. I don’t know, it was weirdly endearing.
3. We argued about if Kristen Stewart was over or underrated.
4. She offered to edit my midterm paper even though she was super sleep deprived.
5. She accidentally farted in front of me and immediately said, “Remember, if you smelt it, you dealt it.”
6. We went on a road trip to California and she insisted on stopping to buy a bonsai tree.
7. She lightly bit my lip while making out and moaned, “More where that came from.”
8. She danced naked throughout the apartment to the Tom Jones classic “It’s Not Unusual.”
9. When I had my first major anxiety attack in five years and she didn’t make me feel bad about it. She asked what I needed from her. She didn’t act like something was inherently wrong with me.
10. She went to the movies with my mother. Without me.
11. She wore a wig to bed one night and before I could say anything put a finger to my lips and whispered, “I’ll be whoever you want tonight.”
12. She got guacamole on her nose one day. I don’t know how. But yep, right there. On her nose.
13. She smiled at me.
14. I overslept for a job interview one day and instead of taking public transit (which I was planning on), she drove me an HOUR out of her way to make sure I got there on time.
15. She knew all the words to Outkast’s song “ATliens.”
16. She sang Al Green at karaoke.
17. She showed up to brunch without any makeup.
18. One of my close friends died and she came with me to the funeral. It was weird and awkward and painful, and she was there for every second. Every. Damn. Second.
19. She was, and always will be, my best friend.