Suggestions For The Trillion Dollar Coin, From A 21-Year-Old
Barack Obama is thinking about having a trillion dollar coin minted to save the economy from default. Since he is like 50 and has probably never illegally downloaded Photoshop, followed upcoming graphic-designers on Tumblr, or watched a documentary about typefaces on Netflix, I feel like it’s probably my duty as an American to lend my “uniquely creative mind” and give him a few suggestions.
There’s no need to pay me for these ones, Mr. President, I’m used to working for free or school credit. A simple follow on Twitter will suffice for my service to this country.
Suggestions For The Next Great American Trillion Dollar Coin
- Put Lena Dunham’s Face On The Front
- Make It Turquoise-Colored
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A Tupac Hologram
- Put Ke$ha’s Face On The Front
- Back Design = A Spotify Account Name And Password
- Carve “In Ryan Godling We Trust”
- Make It Triangle-Shaped
- Carve “In Grimes We Trust”
- Back Design = The Nickelodeon Logo From The 90s
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A Snapchat
- Make It Cat-Shaped
- Carve “In Alt Lit We Trust”
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A Discount At J. Crew
- Put Leslie Knope’s Face On The Front
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A 40 Of Miller High Life
- Carve “In Blue Ivy Carter We Trust”
- Put Tim Heidecker’s Face On The Front
- Back Design = Eric Wareheim
- Back Design = The Album Art For “In The Aeroplane Over The Sea”
- Make It An “Artisanal Coin”
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A Special Snowflake
- Carve “XOXO Gossip Girl”
- Put My Face On The Front
A | A | A
It’s Woman’s Day In Ukraine. Here’s What That Means For The Mothers And Daughters Living With Revolution.
We are all here today because of the women that stood by their husbands, brothers, children, friends, and did whatever they could not do. We’re all in this together – in Ukraine and across the world.
I am both Scottish and British. I was born into the best of both worlds, with the freedom to switch between them as I choose. Who would threaten that? Why? Like my new friend wanted to know, what the hell is going on?
What are you going to do with this time you “save” speed reading? Work more? Watch more TV? Respond to email? Ugh. By doing this you miss out on all the ancillary benefits of reading: peace, quiet and concentration. Don’t toss that out.
Two Women Thought Their House Was Haunted–But What They Actually Discovered Was More Terrifying Than They Could’ve Imagined
But then the door to the house swings open. I can hear a struggle.