A world travel map with pins.
In the spirit of bending the rules on the typical gift list this holiday season, here are eleven gifts that may be worth reconsidering.
1. “Every job I’ve ever applied for, I’ve just been very honest about how much I loved the company.
1. “Never ignore your hobbies. The things you do for fun (and for free) are what your heart is telling you to do.
1. Straight-legged black jeans. Black jeans are always fashionable, and easy to pair with anything, from dressy to casual. Get them in a classic cut and they’ll be one of the most versatile items in your closet.
We followed Chromeo around NYC to find out how they got their start.
1. Picking up the phone and calling you to ask you out, to see how you’re doing, and to actually talk to you. Texting is great but it should not be the primary method of communication.
1. Laying your raincoat over a puddle In which the strapping male takes off his raincoat, magically becomes impervious to the pouring rain, and enables his companion to walk over the puddle without ruining her shoes.
A modern gentleman opens and holds the door for people he’s with, but doesn’t keep it open too long so as to become a doormat.
1. Call a woman to ask her on a date instead of texting.