1. Growing up doesn’t happen all at once. Being persistent in trying is half the battle won.
2. Loneliness can feel a lot like love in the middle of the night. Any text intended to be sent past 2AM can wait until the next day. If your feelings are true, they will still be valid in the morning.
3. Treat people kindly no matter what you’re going through. You will want to be remembered for being that person.
4. You don’t have to change who you are in order to fit in, but it is important to accommodate other’s differences and comfort in your presence. What you think is a small gesture may mean the world to another person.
5. Love on your family, near and far. You never know which hug may be the last.
6. Friends and family may be your support system, but only you can pick up your broken pieces. Accept that you are all that you have.
7. People change. Most times without prior notice, often with no explanation. Wish them well on their way, and move on with your life.
8. Holding onto the things not meant for you will only kill you. Letting them go will set you free.
9. Starting from the bottom does not mean that you’re losing out. It means that your journey forward can only be an uphill one.
10. Thy will be done. Some days you are going to question God’s ways, but you know that His will is ultimately what’s best.
11. It is more important to live your life looking forward than it ever is looking back.
12. You will never forget the people who were kind to you, especially when they didn’t have a reason to be. You will carry a piece of them with you wherever you go.
13. Appreciate everything that you have, even the little things. You don’t get to keep it all forever.
14. When God closes a door, He opens a window. Keep your eyes open to see the silver linings.
15. Not everybody will understand you. But those that do, never forsake them. Never leave them.
16. Sometimes you’ll need to lose yourself in order to be found, then reformed, to be much better than you ever were.
17. Block out the noise that surround you, and focus on yourself. You will move mountains, you will fight. It is you that will bring you places.
18. Peace and contentment comes from living your life from the inside out rather than the outside in. Human recognition may come as one part of the journey, but it should never be the goal.
19. Go out for that 8AM breakfast with your parents. It might be the time you got the most laughs out of the week.
20. Trust your instincts. There’s a reason why it screams louder than the voice in your head.
21. With heartbreaks, come new beginnings.