1. October is National Pizza Month (as if we needed any reason to eat more pizza).
2. 350 slices of pizza are eaten every second in the good old United States, 252 million pounds of pepperoni are consumed a year, and Americans, on average, eat 46 slices of pizza a year. That’s a lotta pizza.
3. So that means pizza is a $35 billion industry. Money buys pizza.
4. 93% of people eat pizza. Why is that number not 100%?
5. The first pizzeria in North Korea opened its doors in 2009. It probably serves less than 1,000 people a year. I don’t know, I’m just guessing.
6. This Romanian guy named Cristian Dumitru ate 200 pounds of pizza in a week. That’s more than his weight. Looks like Cristian is the true pizza lover.
7. There is a $1000 pizza that’s made in NYC (I mean where else will you find ridiculously priced meal topped with crazy-ass toppings like caviar and lobster) and you have to order it a day before. Seriously, a day to make pizza? Go to hell.
8. Apparently in Australia, they put eggs in their pizza.
Aussie n. a pizza with bacon (or ham) and eggs.
1992 Casa Cordobes Pizzeria menu (Sydney) aussie ….. $12.90 $15.90 $18.90 (Bacon and Egg).
2004 Eat-A-Pizza menu (Darwin) aussie: Onion, Bacon & Egg.
2004 La Venezia Pizza menu (Kingston) aussi: [sic] bacon, eggs, onion, tomato & cheese.
2004 Mojo’s Weird Pizza menu (Melbourne) aussie: Ham & Egg.
2004 Pedro’s Pit menu (Melbourne) aussie: tomato, cheese, ham, bacon & egg.
2004 John’s Pizza menu (Coober Pedy, SA) aussie: Tomato, cheese, ham, egg, bacon. – Australian National University
Bacon, eggs, onion, and ham? That sounds like a breakfast burrito on a pizza.
9. From what it looks like, South Koreans get really creative with their pizza. There’s a pizza that has apple, brie and pistachios on it. Yep.
10. Dominos leads the world in pizza delivers. Tip them well.
11. There is an expo for pizza. It’s held in Las Vegas.
12. March 6 was declared to be National Frozen Food Day (thanks Reagan!) and so, the Celentano Brothers became the first to sell their frozen pizzas around the nation.
13. EATING PIZZA MEANS LOWERING YOUR RISK OF CANCER. EAT ALL THE PIZZA.
15. The Japanese put mayonnaise on their pizza.
16. Okay — let me rephrase what I’ve said before. Basically Asia gets crazy creative with their pizzas.
17. You love pizza.
18. If you don’t, you are not a patriot.
19. Americans love pizza.
20. That is not a generalization. Burritos, pizza, and rogaine is an American lifestyle. Get used to it.