A List Of Things (And People) Ain’t Nobody Got Time For
Sweet Brown taught us that ain’t nobody got time for bronchitis, and I think she was onto something. And If you don’t know who Sweet Brown is – have you been living under a rock? Anyway, here’s the video.
There are so many things that we may encounter in our day lives that ain’t nobody got time for. Here are a few:
1. Social media arguments. As tempting as it may be to put someone in their place on social media, most of the time, it just makes you look dumb and immature. Because they respond, and then you respond and all of a sudden their cousin is threatening to cut you. Let’s just cut out the arguments folks. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
2. Public transit taking forever when it’s freezing. Once in a while we have to exercise patience but when the train or bus is 10 minutes late and people’s fingers are about to fall off in their gloves, it’s time to demand better service. The temperature is a freaking single digit, c’mon now, ain’t nobody got time for that!
3. People who don’t know you and don’t like you. Generation Y as a rule, has this problem where they feel the need to be validated by their peers A LOT. I think we need to realize that people who don’t know the first real thing about us, will judge us and it’s their problem, not ours. Kanye shrug these people and move on with your life. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
4. People who know you and don’t like you. Now knowing someone can be up for debate as to what exactly “knowing someone” actually means. But if someone has spent adequate time finding out who you are, and maybe they know your middle name and decide you kinda suck, well just remember that Jesus had haters too. Don’t sweat it, ain’t nobody got time for that!
5. People who you don’t like. It’s quite simply really – you have decided that you don’t like someone, why do you keep bothering yourself with their life? If you must be in the same vicinity as them, keep the conversation short and courteous. No need to fuss but no need to act your life is about them, ain’t nobody got time for that!
6. Cockroaches. Ew. Just ew….ain’t nobody got time for that!
7. People who talk loudly on public tran. I will never understand why people want a bunch of strangers listening in on their private life. And it’s always “drama for your mama” type of conversations too. Put your headphones in, read a book, do whatever you need to do, but don’t give that person the time of day. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
8. Bad friends. Now everybody has their definition of what a bad friend is, and as human beings we’re not always objective so take care with this one. But if your friend is starting to feel more like an enemy of any kind, you might wanna reconsider the relationship. Certain enemies are worse that uncertain friends, and ain’t nobody got time for that!
9. People who walk slowly on sidewalks. Do we need to have people get a license to be able to walk on public sidewalks because some people have no clue how this works – people have things to do and place to be. Snail pace when busy people are trying to move? Ain’t nobody got time for that!
10. Celebrity gossip. Unless you are a celebrity entertainment writer or something like that, how does any celebrity’s life really affect you? Knowing where Kim and Kanye were spotted is not going to improve your life one iota. Stop it. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
11. People who think they are God’s gift to mankind. Now don’t get me wrong, everyone is a gift from God. Nonetheless, we encounter people who’ve got this idea in their heads that they’re more relevant on this earth for reasons unknown to the rest of us. Just shake your head, maintain your cool, and go about your business. Karma will take care of them because ain’t nobody got time for that!
12. Living virtually. I will be the first one to admit I spend way too much damn time online, and these days, I am getting it together because our generation is virtually living and not actually living anymore. We need to leave our computers behind, place our phones down for a minute, and just enjoy the beauty of the world, and communicating with people in real life. Digital life is cool but when it’s replacing actual life, and not working alongside it, well, ain’t nobody got time for that!
13. Hating anyone. Hate is a really powerful emotion from my understanding. To have such a strong, negative emotion towards someone seems like a horrid, self-inflicted burden. I don’t know what your situation is but it doesn’t seem like something worth carrying on your shoulders, in your heart, and on your mind. Definitely, ain’t nobody got time for that!
A | A | A
Dads are actually a pretty big part of your life.
5. Double the milestones.
1. From the moment you declare your major, you will claim authority over any and all grammar or spelling disputes that arise in everyday conversations.
You start to freak out and don’t know whether to cry or to scream but DEAR GOD MY HAIR IS ORANGE.