23 Signs You’re Falling For Your Friend With Benefits
1. You cuddle. After you hook up, you stay in each other’s arms and nuzzle each other’s necks and talk sweet nothings. BIG RED FLAG.
2. You text them funny things when you’re out with friends, just because you’re thinking of them. Or you get drunk and they receive a string of emojis and hearts.
3. You pick them up something they mentioned they needed because you were out and it’s no big deal. You bring it over when you show up to bone.
4. You care when they don’t reply to your texts or emails right away. You check about a billion times, refreshing the page over and over.
5. You’re reminded of them just by something that smells like them and it makes you smile.
6. You’d rather go over and have sex with them than go out to a party, meet new people or be set up on a real date.
7. When you do go on a date, you can’t wait to see them to tell them about how dumb the guy was or how the girl ate pizza with a fork. I mean, who are these people right?
8. You’ve talked about your childhoods in depth.
9. You just kiss for a while when you’re hooking up, with no hurry to move on to the orgasm part.
10. You both constantly lament the lack of cute, nice people in this town. Ugh, if only you could find someone like them but you know, not them.
11. You freak out if you see them in public flirting with someone else.
12. You go over to hook up but end up watching TV and eating pizza together. You fall asleep leaning on each other on the couch.
13. They massage your back for you when you go over after a stressful day at work and you almost don’t even need the sex.
14. You talk about them to your friends constantly — they just seem to keep coming up in conversation.
15. You go out together to a party or bar, ostensibly to wingman for each other, but just end up going home together.
16. When they have an actual date or ask you for dating advice, you always find flaws with the new people or tell them they can do better.
17. One of you has cooked for the other one.
18. One of you has made the other a mix CD.
19. You seek their approval about a new haircut or outfit. You’re bummed if they don’t notice.
20. You’ve held hands while drunk. Or sober!
21. One of you treats other hook ups like direct competition but in a joking way to show they’re totally not threatened.
22. You have enough inside jokes to fuel a shuttle to the moon. And you use them often.
23. When one of you is upset, the other one is right there to comfort them and tell them how amazing they are and how anyone would be lucky to have them.
Boom! Surprise! You’re in a relationship!
A | A | A
Meeting the right person on a double date, where your shared sense of humor and maybe-a-little-obsessed love of social media brings you together instantly, sounds pretty ideal. Unless, of course, it’s the other person’s date you’re falling for.
My childhood world was a fraternity house gone adolescent — compounded by the death of my mom when I was 14. And while I knew love in abundance, I didn’t know a thing about girls.
I had fallen into a deep sleep and entered into a realm that transcended dreams or realities. I found myself in a room surrounded by four white walls.
4. I would rather listen to an entire album by Rebecca Black than hear your voice.