Want to know how to forget about someone?
Having difficulty forgetting someone?
And just want them out of your mind?
Right now, you probably have the idea that being able to forget someone (especially someone who you really love) takes a lot of mental strength. Afterall, this person probably keeps popping into your mind during the day and it seems like you have no control over this.
The reality is that having to have “mental strength” is a complete MYTH.
You do not need mental strength to forget someone. Instead you simply need to know how to correctly focus your mind. To make an analogy, imagine a sailor at sea with no training on how to use the sail. The wind would knock the sailing boat around and leave the sailor completely confused.
You probably feel like this right now.
Now imagine that the sailor was trained in how to operate the sail. All he would need to do now is manoeuvre the sail into the correct position and he would be able to use the wind to his ADVANTAGE and be able to make it home easily. In this article, I’m going to show you the correct way to focus your mind right now in order to making trying to forget someone easy.
How Do You Forget Someone? (The Psychology Explained)
Like the sailor, right now you need to make sure you are not using the sail incorrectly or pointing it in the wrong direction. Otherwise you’ll continue to get blown about.
Let’s look at some of the wrong practices people do when trying to forget someone. The good thing about these is that you don’t need to be mentally strong to do any of them. You just need to know the correct way of doing them:
1. Remove Physical Reminders Of Your Ex: Look around your house – do you see any gifts that your ex gave you? And do these cause you to remember your ex from time to time during the day? Take these things and donate them to the local charity shop. Not only will removing them from your immediate vicinity help you stop remembering your ex …but the very fact that you physically took them and disposed of them will help subconsciously program your mind that you are now disposing of this person from your life. You’re telling your subconscious that the relationship is definitely over …and that there is no going back.
2. Get Closure: Following on from the previous point, displaying to your mind that the relationship is definitely over is key. In other words, you need closure. Proper closure. If you still have any lingering doubts as to whether or not there might still be a chance of getting back together …then you won’t be able to get over this person properly. Here’s a video from my book THE ERASE CODE. It talks about just this point:
3. Constant Daydreaming: Already this week, how many times have you thought about this person? A lot no doubt. And when you thought about them, you probably found yourself then proceeding to think about them for the next 15 or 30 minutes (and maybe even longer). In my book I show a technique using a rubber band (which even the weakest of minds can do) that will allow you to push thoughts of your ex away as soon as they enter your mind. Another way of getting over someone like this involves the use of classical conditioning which I also cover in the book.
Best Ways To Forget Someone
Whether you want to know how to forget a guy or a girl, you must first know the critical things to do (as well as what not to do). This is the only way to forget a person you deeply love.
In addition to what I’ve already covered in this article, key things you also need to do include:
- De-programme your mind that your ex was “The One.”
- Examine the REAL psychology behind why you first fell in love with this person (this will allow you to see that you don’t really love your ex as much as you think you do right now)
- Remove specific memories of your ex that are haunting you (like seeing your ex with someone new).
- Remove your ex’s name from your mind (so you will never again feel that chill when someone mentions your ex’s name).
Not being able to forget about someone you love can really sap a person’s energy and mental strength …as well as make enjoying any new relationship you get into more difficult (because you will still be pining for this old ex).
That’s why it’s critical, like the sailor, to take control of the sail right now and point it correctly so that you can get back home in the easiest and quickest time possible.