This Week In Lady News
- You can never have too many gifs of Hilary Clinton laying it down.
- Speaking of Hil.i.am, she might be changing her tone about running for president in 2016.
- Anti-choice extremist group Personhood USA celebrated the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade by telling it to go screw itself, and hope it doesn’t get pregnant.
- The Violence Against Women Act, which was stonewalled by House Republicans last year and subsequently not renewed for the first time since 1994, was re-introduced in the Senate last week –- with new provisions for LGBT and Native Americans –- and has been fast-tracked for a vote next week.
- It’s hard to want to hand out merit badges to Boy Scouts of America for finally considering the idea of letting boys openly pitch their tents for whatever gender they want, since it took them a PR nightmare and millions in pulled funding to get them here. But whatever, a maybe-win is a maybe-win.
- Investigative documentary “Vacuum” alleges that Ethiopian immigrants were forcibly administered birth control shots before being allowed into Israel. Which might account for the 50% drop in Israel’s Ethiopian population in the last decade. Israel’s Health Ministry says they’re stopping the practice, because DUH.
- Male feminism is basically #trending right now, and the world seems a little brighter because of it. Let’s decide to be optimistic and believe they’re not just doing this to make us drop panty.
A | A | A
GIVE ME ALL OF THE DRINKS AND GIVE ME THEM NOW! I’LL NEVER TURN DOWN, YES, THAT IS MY VOW!
You are brave. You are capable. You are inspiring. You are important. You are good.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and six months ago I found myself highly medicated, that is, I remembered how to laugh.
If we are not happy now with ourselves and what we are doing then what the hell makes us think that we will be happy or satisfied later?