1. Don’t just sit there. Do something. Anything. Even if you don’t want to get on top, at least pull his hair or run your nails down his back or kiss him on the neck. Put in effort to make him moan.
2. Don’t keep picking the same positions. He doesn’t care if he’s staring at your ass or your tits or your waist — because they’re all beautiful to him — but looking at the same thing gets tiring. Switch it up. He loves every inch of your body, so stop showing him the same side every time.
3. Don’t wait for him to initiate sex. Seeing you get horny makes him horny. So the next time you want sex, don’t be shy. Straddle him and rip his shirt off and make it obvious you think he’s hot as all hell.
4. Don’t stay quiet. Unless you’re at risk of waking your roommates up, don’t muffle your moans. Let him hear how much you like what his hands and tongue are doing. Making noise is a compliment.
5. Don’t act overly conservative. You should never do something you’re uncomfortable with. But instead of shooting down your partner’s suggestions right away, take a second to think about whether you would actually like to try dirty talking or role playing or anal. You might like it if you give it a shot.
6. Don’t expect all the foreplay for yourself. You might need a half-hour of kissing and a shoulder massage in order to get warmed up for sex. But don’t forget about him. Even though it doesn’t take him long to get hard, it doesn’t mean he should be left out of the foreplay. Sometimes, he deserves a massage, too.
7. Don’t get wasted every night. When you’re drunk, you get sloppy. You act clumsy and accidentally bite down on places that shouldn’t be bitten. Besides, he doesn’t want to feel like you need beer goggles on in order to find him attractive.
8. Don’t stop caring about what you look like. Yeah, he still sleeps with you, even when your pimple cream is on and you haven’t shaved in a week. But that doesn’t mean you should stop trying completely. Once in a while, you should surprise him with perfume and lingerie — as long as he holds up his end of the deal and continues to put in effort, too. Remember: it’s a two-way street.
9. Don’t fake it. If he knows you at all, he can probably tell when you’re faking it, and it’s just going to make him feel like shit. But actually making you orgasm will raise his confidence and make him feel like your sex life is healthy, so stay honest.
10. Don’t act uninterested. If you aren’t in the mood for sex, just say so. It’s better than letting him inside of you and staring at the clock the entire time, making him feel rushed and unsexy. If you’re going to sleep with him, make sure to live in the moment. Enjoy it — because he’s certainly going to.