1. Lose weight. You don’t need to drop ten pounds to be considered attractive. You’re beautiful just the way you are. If he doesn’t see that, he can go F himself.
2. Sleep with him. Sex isn’t going to change how he feels about you. Even if it does, do you really want a man that values your sexual performance over your personality? I don’t think so.
3. Act like a “cool girl.” It’s okay if you don’t like Bud Light or watching wrestling. It’s okay if you’re not into anal or threesomes. You can get a guy without pretending to be the “ideal” girl.
4. Dress differently. You don’t need to put on fake eyelashes if you hate makeup. You don’t need to slip into a skintight dress if you prefer sweats. The right guy will like you for what’s inside, not for your wardrobe.
5. Bash other women. You shouldn’t have to remind him that the girl he’s crushing on always cheats on her boyfriends or that his best female friend is way too clingy. Don’t tear apart other women to make yourself look better in comparison.
6. Lie about how you feel. Don’t act like you’re only looking for a fling when you want a real relationship. Don’t act like you’re perfectly fine with being friends with benefits when you want him to be your boyfriend. That phony laid-back attitude will backfire on you.
7. Constantly contact him first. Dating is meant to be a two-way street. There’s nothing wrong with sending the first text today, as long as he sends the first text tomorrow. But if you’re always initiating, you clearly care about him more than he cares about you.
8. Buy him gifts. You shouldn’t have to use your money to win him over. Offering to pay for dinner or buying him drinks at the bar is a sweet gesture, but it shouldn’t be necessary to convince him to date you.
9. Ditch your friends. If he finally texts you to hang out, but you already have plans, don’t cancel those plans. If he’s a decent guy, then he’ll be happy to find a time that works for both of you. Don’t put some temporary crush above your lifelong friendships.
10. Dumb yourself down. There are guys out there that prefer to date women that make them feel superior. Women that make less money than them and can’t do simple math. But those aren’t the type of men you should be going after. Find someone that admires your intellect.
11. Send nudes. He can wait until you two are alone in the bedroom together to see your naked body. He doesn’t need any scandalous pics on his phone — especially if he hasn’t agreed to become official yet.
12. Beg him. Don’t list off all of the reasons why you two belong together. You shouldn’t have to explain why you’d make a good girlfriend. He should be able to figure that out himself.
13. Lower your standards. Don’t pretend you’re okay with the crappy way he treats you, so he’ll think you’re chill. If he upsets you, speak up. You don’t want to be stuck with someone that disrespects you.