1. Whatever you’re afraid to let go of has already ended – you’re just hanging on to the memories of how it once felt.
2. Sometimes the life you planned for yourself and the life you’re meant to lead aren’t the same life.
3. It’s not a failure if the only thing you’re letting go of is misery.
4. You were happy on your own before this, which means you have the power to be happy on your own again after this.
5. Nothing has more power over your life than the people or things that you hate.
6. The biggest, most important changes always start out as the most painful ones.
7. Instead of saying goodbye to all the great parts of the past, try saying goodbye to all the hurt and loss and confusion of it.
8. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.
9. For all you know, the future will be a thousand times more brilliant than anything you’re leaving behind.
10. You can either feel the pain and let go on your own terms now, or feel the pain and let go on life’s terms later.
11. Nothing that is truly right for you ever gets away.
12. You’ll sometimes have to let go of a single thing a thousand different times, in a thousand different ways – be patient with yourself in the process.
13. There is no set timeline for how long it takes to heal.
14. Loss serves as an opportunity to fill the hole in the center of your life with something new.
15. The best way to stop caring is to start caring way more about something else.
16. Historically, you’ve survived every single loss you thought you couldn’t survive.
17. Sometimes you have to forget about the life that you want and choose the life that you deserve.
18. Your future self will thank you for doing this.
19. When the right thing finally does come along, you’re going to be glad that you’re available for it.
20. Most things only make sense in retrospect – trust that this is one of those things.
21. It’s usually not the past that you’re mourning, it’s the future that you never got to have.
22. You have to be bold enough to build a new future.
23. You won’t feel ready for most of the important changes that come your way in life.
24. The moment you started thinking about a new beginning was the moment that it actually ended.
25. Now, the only thing standing between you and that bigger, better future is your own fear.