1. He makes statements about you. He’ll say “you’re the kind of person who” or “you’re always doing x”. He’s learned information about you and cares enough about it to communicate it back to you. You’re on his mind.
2. People bite their lip or cover their mouth when they are subconsciously trying to hold information back. If a guy is doing this, he might be trying to watch his mouth to keep from saying something that either makes him seem unappealing, or lets on that he’s interested in you.
3. They smile a little bit when you make eye contact with them from across the room. And they smile a lot when you first see them and are saying ‘hi’ — especially if it’s accompanied by a hug.
4. He makes excuses to touch you.
5. At a party, they follow you around. If you’re in the kitchen, they’re in the kitchen. If you’re playing Guitar Hero, they’ll be in the room with you. If you’re outside getting some fresh air, they’ll follow you.
6. The way they act around you is not the way they act around everyone else. They have different standards for you than for their other female friends. Maybe it’s offering you a ride or listening a little more attentively when you talk, but they treat you like you are special.
7. You find them mimic-ing your body language. If you’re resting your head on your hand, they do the same.
8. He likes your Instagram/Twitter/Facebook posts at a much higher frequency than his other female friends.
9. Mention another guy, you can notice a specific look on his face if he’s jealous or trying not to react or suddenly very interested in asking follow up questions.
10. When you high-five him, he wraps his hand around yours.
11. He never arrives or leaves without giving you a hug. This is a socially acceptable occasion to touch you and he’s not going to let it pass.
12. You notice that he suddenly puts a little more effort into his appearance when he knows he’s going to see you. He’s got new clothes and he’s suddenly smelling extra good and isn’t wearing scrubby loungewear like he used to.
13. He wants you to like the music he likes. There’s nothing as personal to us as music and when we are attracted to someone, we want them to share this experience.
14. They invent ways to hang out with you or talk to you. Suddenly there are problems they need your advice on or they invent a way to partner on a work project. He creates a way for you guys to be in each other’s lives more often.
15. He asks personal questions about you. It’s just honestly not that natural for “just a friend” to ask about your parents and how you grew up.
16. He creates inside jokes with you and brings it up later. He loves the idea of having something private between the two of you.
17. He compliments you. This is especially true if it’s not something he does with other people.
18. When you host an event, they’re the last one to leave. This is for two reasons: they want alone time with you and they want to see if maybe the end of the night can turn into the beginning of something else.
19. You catch him staring at you when he thinks you aren’t looking.
20. He follows or likes your social media accounts really late at night.
21. He initiates. He’s the one to ask you questions, start a text conversation, or invite you to a social event.
22. When you touch him he doesn’t pull away. He may even lean into it and take it up a notch. There’s a lingering vibe to your body contact that doesn’t feel (just) friendly.
23. He puts effort in. He’s doing extra stuff he doesn’t do for everyone, acting different, putting a higher premium on your attention. He treats you like you’re slightly better and more interesting than everyone else.