1. You have no idea what he saw in any of his exes. None of them are very nice, or the kind of person you’d want to hang out with.
2. The things he always says that he likes in you have to do with superficial things — your looks, your style, your social status, etc.
3. He is really concerned with appearances, and what other people think of him, to the point where you’re not sure if he’s doing something for himself or for how impressed other people are going to be.
4. When the two of you are alone together, he’s constantly checking his phone.
5. You are never fully comfortable being naked around him, because there’s a part of you that always feels like you’re not attractive or thin enough.
6. He’s made weird comments about your body before that make you never even want to be sleeveless sometimes.
7. His go-to activity when the two of you are alone together is to initiate sex. That’s it.
8. The kinds of “dates” that you go on aren’t really dates, more just like “hangouts that he was going to do anyway that you happened to get invited on last-minute.”
9. He makes fun of your taste in music.
10. He makes fun of the stuff you and your friends like doing together or talking about, because he considers it shallow and stupid.
11. You know that if you were to say the same things about his interests or what his friends like, he would probably stop answering your texts.
12. Your greatest fear is the moment he just totally stops answering you, because a part of you knows that it could happen at any time.
13. You always want to cuddle after sex, and all he wants to do is get out of bed to put a shirt on and start doing other stuff. He tells you that staying in bed all morning is “pointless.”
14. You never quite feel welcome at his house.
15. There are times when you occasionally feel special with them, and almost all of them are when the two of you are having sex and you finally feel like you have his undivided attention. The rest of the time, you kind of feel like you could be anyone to him.
16. You’re never quite sure if you’re on a date or a booty call.
17. He demands blowjobs, but almost never returns the favor. If you don’t want to give him one, he’ll guilt you about how “everyone does it.”
18. In fact, any time you’re not really into having sex, it’s guilt time!
19. You’re always worried about the idea of “keeping him” and “holding onto him,” because part of you thinks that someone is going to come along and steal him.
20. You can’t acknowledge the fact that, in order for someone to “steal him,” he’d have to willingly go with him.
21. Being with him has made you irrationally jealous and spiteful of other women, as though every last one of them is an active threat to your relationship.
22. You’ve checked his phone/email/Facebook on at least one occasion.
23. The whole time, you were paralyzed with fear over what you might find, and whether or not you would actually have the courage to say goodbye if you did find something incriminating.
24. Your friends hate him.
25. Your mind always jumps to the worst-case scenario when something bad happens, because you’d rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed again.
26. You’ve never fit in with his friends, and they’ve never made an effort to welcome you in any way. You were always just “that person” who tagged along from time to time.
27. One of the things that terrifies you most is the thought of asking to meet the parents, because part of you knows it will never happen, but part of you wants it more than anything in the world.
28. He makes really offensive jokes because he hates “political correctness” and loves “freedom of speech.”
29. He doesn’t think there is anything wrong with slut-shaming.
30. Even though he does whatever he wants when it comes to his time or his private life, he’s irrationally jealous and controlling over what you’re doing with your life.
31. You’re afraid of truly being yourself around him, because you fear that one day, when you slip up and show your real personality, he’s going to immediately leave you.