WikiLeaks Gets Leaked, Currently Under a Mass Distributed Denial of Service Attack
Wikileaks, the online whistle blowing site, is down. According to Wikileaks’ official Twitter:
“’We are currently under a mass distributed denial of service attack.”
About an hour later, they tweeted:
‘El Pais, Le Monde, Speigel,Guardian & NYT will publish many US embassy cables tonight, even if WikiLeaks goes down’.
This afternoon the site was scheduled to release over 250,000 diplomatic cables that according to founder Julian Assange “covers essentially every major issue in every country in the world.”
The Obama administration disagrees, stating:
“By releasing stolen and classified documents, WikiLeaks has put at risk not only the cause of human rights but also the lives and work of these individuals.”
In a weird turn of events, Wikileaks was out leaked by the German magazine Der Spiegel. The magazine was accidently released hours before scheduled. The cover of the magazine shows various world leaders accompanied by US Diplomats’ descriptions. German Twitter users have been tweeting about the leaks for the last couple of hours and they apparently don’t think much of the documents. In response to the leak, The New York Times went ahead and published their cache of documents.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel is nicknamed ‘teflon’ because she “avoids risk and is rarely creative”
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi knows how to party
- In 2007 America engaged in a dangerous standoff with Pakistan over nuclear fuel
- China hacked Google
- Saudi Arabian donors are still the major financial supporter of terrorist/militant groups like Al Qaeda
- A crazy Russian wedding where a US diplomat “tells of drunken guests throwing $100 bills at child dancers, and nighttime water-scooter jaunts on the Caspian Sea.”
- Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is compared to Hitler
- French President Nikola Sarkozy is pegged as ‘an emperor without clothes’
- Obama prefers Asia to Europe
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai is ‘driven by paranoia’ and Afghanistan’s Government is still very corrupt
- Russian Prime Minister Medvedev “plays Robin to Putin’s Batman.”
- Omar Qadhafi uses botox and has a blonde Ukrainian nurse with him at all times
The New York Times has the stash.
You should become a fan of Thought Catalog on Facebook here.
A | A | A
GIVE ME ALL OF THE DRINKS AND GIVE ME THEM NOW! I’LL NEVER TURN DOWN, YES, THAT IS MY VOW!
You are brave. You are capable. You are inspiring. You are important. You are good.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and six months ago I found myself highly medicated, that is, I remembered how to laugh.
If we are not happy now with ourselves and what we are doing then what the hell makes us think that we will be happy or satisfied later?