Thinking you’re not good enough is a normal thought, unfortunately. We’re all human and we all face struggles and doubts. We all have times we compare ourselves to others, times we want to give up and times we feel completely insecure and inadequate. But the thing most of us forget is we aren’t alone in feeling this way.
You put too much pressure on yourself trying to be “perfect” and “enough” that you forget all the positive and amazing qualities about yourself. You spend so much time tearing yourself apart internally that you don’t focus on all the reasons you are so loved.
Here are the most important things to remember about not feeling good enough:
1. You aren’t the only one who feels this way. You aren’t the only one who doesn’t love your body, you aren’t the only one who wishes you were taller, you aren’t the only one who doesn’t feel loveable, and you’re not the only one who doesn’t feel good enough.
2. The people you compare yourself to also compare themselves to others, maybe even to you. Comparing yourself to others is hard and it sucks, but it’s a reality we all face from time to time. It’s easier to look at someone else and feel jealous of them for some particular reason. It’s easy to think if you just looked like them or had their body type or had their sense of humor that things would be better for you, but that’s not true. Not at all. Everyone is human and we are all facing the imperfections of being human together.
3. Your mind is notorious for playing tricks on you. But really, don’t believe everything you think because most of the time it’s not true. You let the negativity flood through your mind and that always does a lot more bad than good.
4. You’ll never get closer to loving yourself if you constantly hate yourself. You can’t hate yourself into loving yourself. It’s impossible. Once you stop the constant criticisms of yourself and start shifting those thoughts to the good things your whole world will change.
5. The unhappiest people are the ones who care what others think. If you are constantly worried about being judged you’ll never be able to be your true self. Not everyone will like you and that’s okay because as long as you’re making yourself happy it shouldn’t matter what others think. It’s impossible to make everyone happy, so don’t bother trying.
6. You’ll never know what others are truly thinking. You have to get comfortable with the unknown. It takes too much energy and is a complete waste of time trying to figure out what everyone is thinking. You have to be okay with not knowing or just listening to what they give you without thinking there is more to it. It will help ease your mind.
7. Know most people aren’t thinking of you. They really aren’t because they’re too busy thinking about themselves. They’re too busy worrying about what you’re thinking about them when you’re also worried about yourself. The world doesn’t revolve around you, but your insecurities make it feel like everyone is gawking at your flaws when realistically they probably haven’t even noticed.
8. Is what you’re doing making you happy? That’s really all it comes down to – your happiness. As long as you’re happy nothing else should come close to mattering. Not the opinion of the drunk guy at the bar, not the opinion of the bikini model on the beach, not of your parents, no one’s opinions should matter as long as you are doing what you need to do to be happy. Once you find happiness in yourself you will stop being concerned with what other’s think of you and it will make your life so much better in every aspect. Start making yourself happy and living your life for you.