Top 10 Awkward Celebrity Interviews
Quentin Tarantino’s stint on the interview circuit promoting Django Unchained, a movie about slavery featuring, of course, his trademark funny, cartoonish violence has provided many examples of The Awkward Interview. This is when a celebrity with a strong personality runs into just the right interviewer to provoke heated debate, comical friction, and/or lots of uncomfortable moments. Presented, in no particular order, some memorable moments in awkward celebrity interview history:
1. Drunk Guy Does Terrible Interview With David Cross
“I write under the name Gordon Downs. But my real name is, uh, Senator Drinks-A-Lot.”
2. NPR Interviewer Asks Sigur Rós Really Stupid Questions
Awkward silences ensue.
3. Marily Manson Sons Bill O’Reilly
Marilyn Manson calmly, intelligently, gracefully defeats Bill O’Reilly completely.
4. Jon Stewart Obliterates The Hosts Of Crossfire With Logic
It doesn’t get much more confrontational than this.
5. Vanilla Ice Acts Like A Weirdo Who’s Bad At Rapping
Speaking of Jon Stewart, here he is on his old, thoroughly Gen-X MTV show encountering Vanilla Ice. Vanilla Ice turns out to be a weird guy. And smashes stuff with a bat.
6. Crispin Glover Goes Full Troll On Letterman
Also, he nearly kicks Letterman in the face.
7. Billy Bob Thornton Acts Like A Big Asshole On A Radio Show
It’s OK though, he was having sex with Angelina Jolie at the time.
8. Tom Cruise Explains Some Things To Matt Lauer
“Do you know what Adderall is?” “You don’t know the history of psychiatry. I do.” “You’re glib. You don’t even know what Ritalin is.”
9. Nardwuar Interviews Lady GaGa
I don’t think GaGa knows about Nardwuar.
10. Some British Guy Interviews Quentin Tarantino
Here’s the interview that inspired this list. The interviewer is determined to annoy Quentin, and he succeeds.
11. Quentin Tarantino Shows No Mercy To Jane, Local Movie Reviewer Lady
Bonus Quentin confrontational interview content.
You should like Thought Catalog on Facebook here.
A | A | A
i inhaled deeply. your scent, your deodorant, your cologne, even your morning breath. i know these scents so well and the familiarity is comforting.
This video of a puppy watching a scene we’re so familiar with and evoking the same sentiments we once felt is oddly heartwarming, extremely precious and a dash of funny.
You died, and the hope that you would one day love us back the way we loved you died with you.
Weight Watchers likes to say that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Which I guess means they’ve never tasted Cinnamon Toast Crunch.