Suggestions For The Trillion Dollar Coin, From A 21-Year-Old
Barack Obama is thinking about having a trillion dollar coin minted to save the economy from default. Since he is like 50 and has probably never illegally downloaded Photoshop, followed upcoming graphic-designers on Tumblr, or watched a documentary about typefaces on Netflix, I feel like it’s probably my duty as an American to lend my “uniquely creative mind” and give him a few suggestions.
There’s no need to pay me for these ones, Mr. President, I’m used to working for free or school credit. A simple follow on Twitter will suffice for my service to this country.
Suggestions For The Next Great American Trillion Dollar Coin
- Put Lena Dunham’s Face On The Front
- Make It Turquoise-Colored
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A Tupac Hologram
- Put Ke$ha’s Face On The Front
- Back Design = A Spotify Account Name And Password
- Carve “In Ryan Godling We Trust”
- Make It Triangle-Shaped
- Carve “In Grimes We Trust”
- Back Design = The Nickelodeon Logo From The 90s
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A Snapchat
- Make It Cat-Shaped
- Carve “In Alt Lit We Trust”
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A Discount At J. Crew
- Put Leslie Knope’s Face On The Front
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A 40 Of Miller High Life
- Carve “In Blue Ivy Carter We Trust”
- Put Tim Heidecker’s Face On The Front
- Back Design = Eric Wareheim
- Back Design = The Album Art For “In The Aeroplane Over The Sea”
- Make It An “Artisanal Coin”
- It Shouldn’t Be A Coin It Should Be A Special Snowflake
- Carve “XOXO Gossip Girl”
- Put My Face On The Front
You should like Thought Catalog on Facebook here.
A | A | A
I realize that one can’t turn heterosexual overnight, but I thought I’d no longer be having gay desires.
Buying organic food is great when you want to feel good about yourself. Buying organic food when you want to save the world is another matter.
I was raised in privilege and I attack myself for this, questioning my right to be anything but happy.
What happens in a world where we don’t try to control one another, but live in harmonious acceptance of one another? Those in power are debunked. They will have to learn to be loved and revered for who they are, not what position they hold.